This sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry This sucks!

I was originally looking to replace my speakers with drop in 5x7 and upgrade to a decent HU. Now I am adding in 6.5 components up front and 6.5 coaxs in the rear, probably getting the Pioneer 780, with a PG OCTANE-R 9.0:5 amp to power everything and so that I can add in two 8" subs with ease. Did I mention that I have never installed a component system before? I thought I would just upgrade my speakers this weekend, but it looks like I will be waiting longer so that I can install the amp and HU all at the same time. I'm not worried about cutting the MDF for the speakers as much as I am running new wires all over the place. This isn't even near a top of the line setup so my pocketbook is still grateful, but after looking for information on here I have talked myself into the extras. Damn this forum sucks!

Old 02-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, we have a way of spending your money.

Once you start in on audio, your hooked and its like a wildfire from there on out...
I remember telling myself many times that "I'm done"....It never ends

Old 02-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bartak1

Yes, we have a way of spending your money.

Once you start in on audio, your hooked and its like a wildfire from there on out...
I remember telling myself many times that "I'm done"....It never ends
he"s right, I'm the prime example
so rock on Bartak1 I know I will.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Heck yeah

Old 02-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah I just got that PG amp myself, and it is HUGE! I'm in about the same situation as you, I'm amassing all the parts and ready to tackle this beast of a set-up this weekend. I would suggest investing on deadener BEFORE you install anything! It will save you from double work, sorry if that adds to your budget but you don't want that beautiful music bouncing off steel, not to mention that rattle sound that you get from the poorly done jobs.

Last edited by Biteyahard; 02-20-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Biteyahard
Yeah I just got that PG amp myself, and it is HUGE! I'm in about the same situation as you, I'm amassing all the parts and ready to tackle this beast of a set-up this weekend. I would suggest investing on deadener BEFORE you install anything! It will save you from double work, sorry if that adds to your budget but you don't want that beatiful music boincing off steel not to mention that rattle sound that you get from the poorly done jobs.
well said

Old 02-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Yeah I just got that PG amp myself, and it is HUGE! I'm in about the same situation as you, I'm amassing all the parts and ready to tackle this beast of a set-up this weekend. I would suggest investing on deadener BEFORE you install anything! It will save you from double work, sorry if that adds to your budget but you don't want that beautiful music bouncing off steel, not to mention that rattle sound that you get from the poorly done jobs.
The only thing that comes before deadener IMO is replacing the wiring. I also bought some lexan to use to seal off the door as much as possible.

I did things in this order:
Wiring
Seal Door
Deadener

Trending Topics

Old 02-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by BigDave4
The only thing that comes before deadener IMO is replacing the wiring. I also bought some lexan to use to seal off the door as much as possible.

I did things in this order:
Wiring
Seal Door
Deadener
So you're running the wires under the deadener? Is that how most people do it? I am about to get started and I don't want any double work.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:50 PM
So you're running the wires under the deadener? Is that how most people do it? I am about to get started and I don't want any double work.
DON'T under ANY circumstance run wire under the deadener. The deadener needs to be as flat as possible on the sheet metal.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:49 PM
No. I poked the wire through the deadener. What I am saying is that you should replace the speaker wire if you intend to do so before you lay down the deadener. It won't be easy to do after you lay it down.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by BigDave4
No. I poked the wire through the deadener. What I am saying is that you should replace the speaker wire if you intend to do so before you lay down the deadener. It won't be easy to do after you lay it down.
Gotcha

Quick Reply: This sucks!