Running Speaker wire today..

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running Speaker wire today..

Still awaiting my power wire to arrive, but I'm going to run my speaker wire and RCA's today.

Question: I know that power wire is to run on the opposite side of the RCA's, which is fine.

However: What about speaker wire? Since there are speakers on both sides of the truck, the speaker wire is going to have to run next to the 2 AWG power wire that comes from the battery. This OK?

Old 01-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Yes its OK.

Old 01-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Hey Sspiro would you let me know how to run the speaker wire. I will be installing an amp hopefully next weekend and this is the only part that I am unsure aobut.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:37 AM
I'm no pro, but I asked my installer that did my Tahoe about this and he told me that the speaker wires are OK to run next to power, but to separate RCA from power. He also said that in a perfect world nothing would be close to power. I minimized things and only ran the wires I absolutely had to next to power. This includes the wires for the XM module, which has now been replaced by sirius.

In his customs, he gets to run it under the carpet through the middle. I'm not taking the seats and carpet out to run power though.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by BigDave4
I'm no pro, but I asked my installer that did my Tahoe about this and he told me that the speaker wires are OK to run next to power, but to separate RCA from power. He also said that in a perfect world nothing would be close to power. I minimized things and only ran the wires I absolutely had to next to power. This includes the wires for the XM module, which has now been replaced by sirius.

In his customs, he gets to run it under the carpet through the middle. I'm not taking the seats and carpet out to run power though.
Yeah, ideally I like to do the same - but don't feel like removing seats, etc.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let us know how getting wires into the doors works out.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Haven't done it yet.. Wanted to yesterday, but was too busy with other projects.

Quick Reply: Running Speaker wire today..