Component and Amplifier Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 02:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Component and Amplifier Recommendation

Hello. I am looking for a recommendation on replacement speakers and a good amp. I want to replace all 4 doors of my 2004 FX4 and replace my amps. I currently run a phoenix 4 channel and a mono kicker. I have the stealth box which has a single JL 10 and some powerbass components.

What I would like to know is what speakers everyone recommends and whether I should go with a single 5 channel amp or a 4 channel amp and a mono like I currently have.

From my research, people tend to like the Polk Momo's, the Rainbows, MB Quarts, and Infiniti's. It's hard to get consensus though.

Recommendations on where to buy this stuff online would be great as well. I want to get everything by the end of next week so that I can get this all put in over my vacation.

I listen to everything, but mostly hard rock. Staind, Seether, Disturbed, Metallica... stuff like that. I will roll some hip hop or country every once in a while. I really want to focus on sound quality.

I have a budget of no more than $1000 for the speakers and the amp(s).

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

Dave

Old 12-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by BigDave4
Hello. I am looking for a recommendation on replacement speakers and a good amp. I want to replace all 4 doors of my 2004 FX4 and replace my amps. I currently run a phoenix 4 channel and a mono kicker. I have the stealth box which has a single JL 10 and some powerbass components.

What I would like to know is what speakers everyone recommends and whether I should go with a single 5 channel amp or a 4 channel amp and a mono like I currently have.

From my research, people tend to like the Polk Momo's, the Rainbows, MB Quarts, and Infiniti's. It's hard to get consensus though.

Recommendations on where to buy this stuff online would be great as well. I want to get everything by the end of next week so that I can get this all put in over my vacation.

I listen to everything, but mostly hard rock. Staind, Seether, Disturbed, Metallica... stuff like that. I will roll some hip hop or country every once in a while. I really want to focus on sound quality.

I have a budget of no more than $1000 for the speakers and the amp(s).

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

Dave
I would ditch the rear speakers and concentrate on buying better front components (with the money you were going to use for the rear speakers). Then, if you must have rear speakers get them later down the road.

I would also keep the amps you got (although, I'm not sure which ones you have) and bridged the 4 channel to run the front comps and leave the mono for sub duty.

I've recommended brands before...I've even stated my dislikes for other brands. I'll let my signature speak for me today!!!!

Old 12-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll let my signature speak for me also....

Old 12-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the input. Any online vendors you would recommen from a product quality/availability/price standpoint?

Thanks again,
Dave

Quick Reply: Component and Amplifier Recommendation