new system in supercrew

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new system in supercrew

Well got the new system in the supercrew...picked it all up today and took care of it...sorry no pics yet, hopefully by the end of the week...but heres the setup:

Headunit - Clarion VRX765VD Touchscreen, DVD/MP3/WMA

Door Speakers - Infinity Reference 6x8 in all four doors

4 Channel Amplifier - JBL CS60.4

Mono Sub Amplifier - JBL CS300.1

Subwoofers - JBL GTO1002D x2 (10" GTO dual 2ohm, brand new model, lowpro)

Subwoofer Enclosure - Supercrewsound Dual Ten downfire sub box

Amps mounted on back wall behind plastic storage compartment, seat lift kit installed and sub box raised to give subs more breathing room between surround and floor, greatly improved bass response.

Pics will be up by the end of the week or beginning of the next week...

Old 09-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice, dont forget the pics though, I wanna see em!

Old 11-24-2006, 01:47 AM
Pics? I am looking into getting the MAX675VD and would like to see it installed and get your feed back.

Old 11-26-2006, 03:14 AM
pics i dont have up yet..still havent gotten around to settng up my gallery..i have the pics taken though so maybe i can get them up this week...as far as the install, it was simple, very straightforward...the clarion has no external brain to worry about hiding and running cables to...standard dash kit used to put it in...you do have to wire the parking brake ground wire to a switch and flip it on and off each time u turn the unit on if you want to watch video on the screen, simply grounding out the brake doesnt work...as far as functionality goes i absolutely love it...touchscreen functions all work like a dream..controls are clear and easily found when needed...all adjustments are easy to find and make as far as EQs and such...the ipod hookup works wonderfully and the interface on the screen looks just like the actual ipod controls so it works out really well when your surfing thru the songs on the ipod...unit doesnt take long to do its initial boot up either...music starts playing almost immediately when you crank the truck...bright screen, get compliments all the time about the great video quality, extremely crisp and clear with great color definition...got any other questions just ask...

Old 11-27-2006, 12:11 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by south_ms_sprcru
pics i dont have up yet..still havent gotten around to settng up my gallery..i have the pics taken though so maybe i can get them up this week...as far as the install, it was simple, very straightforward...the clarion has no external brain to worry about hiding and running cables to...standard dash kit used to put it in...you do have to wire the parking brake ground wire to a switch and flip it on and off each time u turn the unit on if you want to watch video on the screen, simply grounding out the brake doesnt work...as far as functionality goes i absolutely love it...touchscreen functions all work like a dream..controls are clear and easily found when needed...all adjustments are easy to find and make as far as EQs and such...the ipod hookup works wonderfully and the interface on the screen looks just like the actual ipod controls so it works out really well when your surfing thru the songs on the ipod...unit doesnt take long to do its initial boot up either...music starts playing almost immediately when you crank the truck...bright screen, get compliments all the time about the great video quality, extremely crisp and clear with great color definition...got any other questions just ask...
system sounds good..............off the subject..make sure you sign in on the south page.......need to get a MS meet and greet going sometime..........

Old 11-27-2006, 12:47 AM
whats the south page? i havent been on this forum very long, a couple of months at most...still finding my way around a lot of it...im in hattiesburg, im from the coast but Im up here going to Southern..been here for about a year and a half...

Old 11-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the information. Very helpful. Looking forward to seeing pics. I also was not aware what the south page was.

Trending Topics

Old 11-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Technical Article Contributor

whats the south page? i havent been on this forum very long, a couple of months at most...still finding my way around a lot of it...im in hattiesburg, im from the coast but Im up here going to Southern..been here for about a year and a half...
go down to "reginal forums", there is one for the South, then there is one for MS, we all post a whats up there so we kinds know where we are all from and one day get a meet and greet up......i am also in hattiesburg........live and work here........

Old 11-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey labman1014,
about that meet and greet, just tell me when and where.

Old 05-05-2007, 12:51 AM
navi system

Hi do you have the navi system for this model. I want to pick it up , but I have gotten mixed reviews on the navigation

Old 05-06-2007, 03:28 AM
no i do not, the price got a little on the high side at the time so i decided to hold off... plus ive been a little disappointed with the navigation units for in dash head units, they just dont seem to have the same functionality as the standalone units with gps down here in my area...i would guess if you lived in a major metro area they would be great, but i spend more time on backroads and such around here, with some small metro areas that the navigation proves pretty useless without gps...too many roads that arent in the system

Old 05-06-2007, 12:57 PM
no i do not, the price got a little on the high side at the time so i decided to hold off... plus ive been a little disappointed with the navigation units for in dash head units, they just dont seem to have the same functionality as the standalone units with gps down here in my area...i would guess if you lived in a major metro area they would be great, but i spend more time on backroads and such around here, with some small metro areas that the navigation proves pretty useless without gps...too many roads that arent in the system
Great thanks for the information

Quick Reply: new system in supercrew