Covering subwoofer box

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Covering subwoofer box

I have an 05 KR Screw with two JL 10's in it. I just ordered some leather off of ebay that is very close to the color of my seats. It will look a lot better than the grey carpet it has on it now. I'm wondering what is the best way to cover my box in leather. Should I rip the old carpet off and then cover just the mdf board, or should I just cover it over the existing carpet. Also is there some glue I should use or would a staple gun be the best idea? Thanks again fellas!

Old 09-08-2006, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NOLES187
I have an 05 KR Screw with two JL 10's in it. I just ordered some leather off of ebay that is very close to the color of my seats. It will look a lot better than the grey carpet it has on it now. I'm wondering what is the best way to cover my box in leather. Should I rip the old carpet off and then cover just the mdf board, or should I just cover it over the existing carpet. Also is there some glue I should use or would a staple gun be the best idea? Thanks again fellas!
Have fun pulling off the old carpet! But, I would definitely pull it off and not put the leather over the existing carpet.

Use the Heavy Duty 3M spray adhesive and staples (if needed). Good Luck.

Old 09-09-2006, 02:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably would have been easier with a match color vinyl. Good Luck and dont forget the PICS!

Quick Reply: Covering subwoofer box