Drivers Door Speaker Wire Upgrade???

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drivers Door Speaker Wire Upgrade???

I just ordered a Pioneer 7800 deck and plan on ordering my focals on monday. I thought I would start planning wire routing and I hit a road block! The driver door has a multi-pin connector that connects to the truck. It is the type that you lift the lever and it removes itself. How do I run wire through this??? The pasenger is the same way....

Last edited by ufscrew; 06-24-2006 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:13 PM
I am actually in the process of installing a couple of JL components in the front and have run into the same problem. I spent a couple of hours trying to force a coat hanger through both the driver and passenger side door. After getting nowhere I took the clip off only to find this darn multipin connector. Now I am stumped.

HELP. Wife is getting mad as this project is taking all weekend.

I have rehab houses, refurbish kitchen, bathroom and worked on million dollar switches but between removing the back seat and running wires through the front doors has to be the hardest project I have ever undertaken.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:17 PM
I drilled a hole through my pin connector. Just disconnect it and see where there are no pins being used. I was able to fit 2 runs of wire. Becareful when doing it and take your time.

Old 06-25-2006, 04:55 PM
I was thinking that was the solution! This little project is becoming a pain.

Old 06-25-2006, 10:27 PM
The multi-pin on the on the passenger side has one side with no pin connectors. I drill a hole through it and pull two speaker cable. Now I am having a hard time getting the clip between the door and the door jam to connect properly. If I remove the clip from the door jam and swing it around under the glove box ( so that I am holding it in my hand ) I can connect it to the clip on the door with no problem. Now I just have to work more diligently on getting it connected back through the door jam.

The driver side on the other hand is going to be a PITA. It appears that all four side of the connector has pins being used so I am not sure how I am going to drill through it.

Old 06-26-2006, 07:44 AM
keep me updated. I plan on doing this in the next few weekends.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Well, I finally get the install completed on my 06 Supercrew. I was able to run the speaker cables to the passenger front door after drilling a hole in the unused side of the multi-pin. I could not get the connector in the door jam and the one in the door to connect when the locking clips were on. I tried this for almost 3 hours and then gave up. I had to remove the locking clips and this allowed both connectors to join together with no problem.

I could not get cables through the multi-pin connector on the driver side front door, so I had to use reuse the oem speaker cable.

This is my setup

OEM Head Unit- 6 disc / mp3
Navone Engineering LOC - N-774V Interface
JL XR570 csi components in the front doors
JL XR570cxi in the rear doors
Probox Loaded Sub with Probox Subwoofer
Hifonics ZXi6406 4 Channel amp
Hifonics BXi1206D - Sub Amp

The sound quality is incredible and the probox sub gives me the kick that I need. There are no hissing or noise. The Navone LOC works as advertised. For $37.00 it is worth every penny and better than LOC costing twice as much.

Man I still cannot believe the sound I am getting from this setup. I listen a lot of reggae music and this baby rocks. The installation took me two days totalling about 20 hours of miserable, agonising MOF pain. Once I hook that cable up to the battery , plug in the fuse and turn the key in the ignition, the sound coming from the back of the truck was instant estacy.

The wife was bitching all weekend that It took too long. Believe me I did use more than a few cuss words but in the end it was all worth it.

Trending Topics

Old 06-28-2006, 01:35 AM
Glad to hear you're enjoying it man. I'm almost ready to get started on mine & can't wait. Got boxes starting to stack up in the closet. Your set up is almost similar to mine. How do you like the JL's so far? Here's my list for my system. Only thing I need now is the sub box & sub amp. Radio already installed.

Alpine-9856
JL Audio XR570CSi components front doors
JBL P8652's rear doors
2 10" Elemental Designs Subs
RF Punch 75 25 ta Life series
RF Punch 150 25 ta Life Series for subs.

Quick Reply: Drivers Door Speaker Wire Upgrade???