What does the Audiophile system include?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What does the Audiophile system include?

I have had my truck less than a week and love it. The Audiophile system sounds great, but I haven't been able to find out what is in it (size of speakers, subwoofer, power, etc.).

Old 05-13-2006, 02:22 AM
SnowmaNick
I am bringing this thread back. I am always playing around with the truck and plan on changing out the system over the next year. My wife has laid down the law though, she doesn't want it to "look" aftermarket. Soooo.... What size speakers are we dealing with? Mine is the audiophile 6cd w/mp3 & sub. Doors I believe are 5x7/6x8, but what the heck is the sub? I think a lot of the aftermarket boxes (probox pops to mind) look a little cheasy, is the stock enclosure re-useable with another driver? Thanks, I know that these seam silly, it's the first system I can't just chuck and replace.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:20 PM
bump... also looking for this info....

Old 08-08-2006, 11:17 PM
I can tell you what my audiophile stereo "used" to consist of:

In the front doors were 4" mids mounted to a 6X8" plate that also has a crossover mounted to it. Up higher in the front doors is a 1" dome tweeter.

In the back doors there were 6X8" woofers, not sure if they're coaxial, they had cloth over the front (I think).

There was an 8" sub under the rear seat in a plastic enclosure with a small amplifier mounted to the back of it.

The deck was a 6 disc non-mp3 type cd player.

I thought the stock system sounded darn good for about a month. Then I found myself falling back into my old ways, and couldn't stand to have it stock another minute. I'm still not done, but I'll be sure to post pics when it's finished.

Hope this info helps.

Don

Quick Reply: What does the Audiophile system include?