Just ordered my new system. Tell me what ya think.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered my new system. Tell me what ya think.

I just placed an order for an Alpine IVA-310 plus changer, Alpine PXA-F701 5.1 processor, JL 450/4, JL 250/1, JL ZR-570csi (fronts), JL XR-570cxi (rears), Q-logic Q-Customs box, and also a JL 10w3v2. Install will happen next week when the box arrives. Ill be there for the install... so if anybody would like me to take any pictures please let me know of what.

PS. if anybody is interested in the stock audiphile head unit (6disk, mp3, etc, etc) and subsystem (i think this includes the sub, box, and that mini amp that is attached to it) that the truck came with let me know too. Asking $75+shipping. Once again everything is going to be put in and taking out next week on Tuesday i believe.

Last edited by chinke82; 11-09-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Suspended
That should rock pretty well.

I opted for the 100% stealth look and got something similar:
JL Audio Cleansweep (For the stock 6-disc in-dash mp3 player)
JL 450/4
JL 500/1
Polk MOMO 6.5 seperates for the front
Polk MOMO 5x7 2-ways for the rear
JL Audio Stealthbox w/ 10w3v2

Now that I have it tuned in....it's amazing. It's louder than you''ll need for sure. Mine could easily ruin your ears at high volumes and it still stays super clean.

I was pleasantly surprised at the bass repsonse from the sub too... it sounds more like a 12 than a 10; especially given the less than fantastic usable air space.

Old 11-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Man your getting me even more excited. I wanted a stock look too but i hate the factory changer. The thing takes too damn slow to change out CDs for my taste. Plus i got a really good deal for the alpine iva-d310... can you say $1175 installed AND all the things i bought all came from an authorized alpine and jl dealer. This shop was a godsend he beat everyprice i showed to him on woofersetc.com. If anybody wants his number just me a PM i dont exactly know the rules on this forum about that kind of stuff.

Old 11-09-2005, 09:08 PM
very nice setup lets see some pics when its all installed. also what box are u useing for the sub website or something??

Old 11-09-2005, 09:23 PM
i bought the box from ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/Q-LOGIC-Q-CUSTOM...QQcmdZViewItem

thats the link. He shipped on the same day i sent the money through paypal which was a total of 170 and that was including shipping which was $20 standard fare. You can see a before and after pic of the sub installed at www.qlogic.ws and also at crutchfield.com . They were 220-230 at cruthfield though.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds nice.

Definatley get pics

Old 11-09-2005, 10:18 PM
How much just for the sub??? I was thinking of trying to find this as a temporary kick until I figure out my system setup..

Trending Topics

Old 11-09-2005, 10:38 PM
Thumbs up

Lumadar
Got a question about your stealthbox. I have seen the boxes from supercrewsound and other sites that have two 10s but seem to have little air space for each speaker, are you happy with one 10 that is ported? I am looking to put some bass in my 05 SCREW but am leaning more to SQ than SPL. Also what shop in San Diego do you recomend. I prefer JL woofers, MB/Polk/DA component speakers and Phoenix Gold amps. I know most shops do not cover most of them. I have heard alot of people get Infinity but have also heard they scream in the upper frequencies when turned up loud.

Bill

Originally Posted by Lumadar
That should rock pretty well.

I opted for the 100% stealth look and got something similar:
JL Audio Cleansweep (For the stock 6-disc in-dash mp3 player)
JL 450/4
JL 500/1
Polk MOMO 6.5 seperates for the front
Polk MOMO 5x7 2-ways for the rear
JL Audio Stealthbox w/ 10w3v2

Now that I have it tuned in....it's amazing. It's louder than you''ll need for sure. Mine could easily ruin your ears at high volumes and it still stays super clean.

I was pleasantly surprised at the bass repsonse from the sub too... it sounds more like a 12 than a 10; especially given the less than fantastic usable air space.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Sounds very nice!! I like that head unit, I think I will be purchasing one in the near future.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Good luck with your pxah701. Its a fantastic unit, however you will need someone with a great deal of technical knowledge to figure it out. It took my guy with his 1/12th octive RTA 11 hours to tune my system to competition standards plus a couple of other settings. That was not cheap.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by SSpiro
How much just for the sub??? I was thinking of trying to find this as a temporary kick until I figure out my system setup..
Im hoping you just mean what i got my 10w3v2 for? I got it for $145. If you mean the the black sub that came with the audiophile system then shiet you can have it for $50 + shipping...

Old 11-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Squeakers
Good luck with your pxah701. Its a fantastic unit, however you will need someone with a great deal of technical knowledge to figure it out. It took my guy with his 1/12th octive RTA 11 hours to tune my system to competition standards plus a couple of other settings. That was not cheap.
Good lord!!! 11 hours!!! All i wanted was 5.1 sound when i add the center.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by brobbins99
Lumadar
Got a question about your stealthbox. I have seen the boxes from supercrewsound and other sites that have two 10s but seem to have little air space for each speaker, are you happy with one 10 that is ported? I am looking to put some bass in my 05 SCREW but am leaning more to SQ than SPL. Also what shop in San Diego do you recomend. I prefer JL woofers, MB/Polk/DA component speakers and Phoenix Gold amps. I know most shops do not cover most of them. I have heard alot of people get Infinity but have also heard they scream in the upper frequencies when turned up loud.

Bill
Hey Bill-
First let me say that I'm no newbie to audio... my Ford Ranger that I am still working on selling had a 1.5 inch thick sealed box with 3 JL 12w6v2s and a JL 1000/1, 300/4, bi-amped momos, audiocontrol eqs, etc

That said, I have never owned a ported box before because I am a SQ guy all the way. I just like it loud
However, this stealthbox sounds AWESOME. I was blown away how loud, low, and clean it is when properly tuned. It rivals many 12s out there on clean lows. Also, the bass is pretty darn tight for a ported box. All in all- you won't be dissapointed.

As for the rest of the system I've tried RSD MB Quarts, JL XRs, infinitys, and all kinds of polks... in the end the Polk MOMOS were the best overall musical sound quality speaker by far. The JL speaker is just too harsh for my ears because of the titanium tweeter. MOMOs have silk domes...my personal favorite.

As for amps I've tried many and the JL Audio amps by far have the best controls and tuning abilities. I would lean towards them if I were you.

As for shops....La Jolla audio is the best, but you pay for it. I've had horrible luck with classic sounds and progressive in el cajon but I hear Progressive by the navy base is good.

I've also *heard* great things about San Diego Car Stereo...but I haven't used them personally. Wish I could help you more there..but the only thing I can say is that in the long run you are better off paying more for a quality job for sure.

Old 11-10-2005, 08:49 AM
Question

Hey Chinke82, can you pm me that number to the shop you are refering to? I need to find a good shop here in Houston to get my front, center console done up...

For some reason, when I tried to PM you, it said my administrator wont allow messaging. But I checked my profile, and I dont see anything that would keep me from IMing....

Thanks,
-Mario

Old 11-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by r6yamahaulass
Hey Chinke82, can you pm me that number to the shop you are refering to? I need to find a good shop here in Houston to get my front, center console done up...

For some reason, when I tried to PM you, it said my administrator wont allow messaging. But I checked my profile, and I dont see anything that would keep me from IMing....

Thanks,
-Mario
Email sent. Remember i cant vouch for his installation YET since this will be my first install at their shop. Ill see on tuesday how the fit and finish is. I CAN vouch for their prices though. Tell him the fat chinese dude with the F150 sent you.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my new system. Tell me what ya think.