yay!!! type r

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yay!!! type r

As of right now my alpine type R component sets are being installed, cant wait to hear them and then ill let you know....

Old 10-12-2005, 04:48 PM
I'm getting the same ones in about a week. Please let us know how they sound and post some pics of the install. Where are you mounting your tweeters and the crossovers? Are you using the regualar two ways for rear-fill or are you just keeping the stock ones in the rear? Also, if you're going to run them off the head unit, can you let me know how it sounds. I dont have enough money for a 4 channel amp yet and was wondering if a comperable HU would be capable of powering them. Thanks

Old 10-12-2005, 08:05 PM
they're in!!

Ok so i finally got them installed after having them sit imn my back seat for a week, i put the type r 2ways in the back the night i got the speakers but i just diddnt have enough time to install the components untill today. Well i am actually suprised on the difference they made running off of my factory head unit, they sound awesome...not a whole lot louder but a completely different sound, much crisper and cleaner. In a couple of weeks after i save some $$ i am getting either the pioneer d1 double din or the kenwood double din and adding an alpine 4 channel amp then it should be sick!!! But as for the tweeters, i have the lariat super crew and in the front door pannel there is a hole already there for tweeters so it was extremely easy just a little trimming and everything fit perfectly. The crossovers fit behind the door pannel so that also was an easy install, all and all it took me and a buddy about an hour maybe a little longer..but i will post pics soon when its daylight and i have time.....definitly worth the cash especially when you love music like i do.

Old 10-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool, Ive heard the new Type R comps are supposed to be fairly nice, havent heard a pair for myself yet though.

Def. get pics.

Old 10-13-2005, 10:04 PM
ok i took pics but how do i paste them into the reply?...if i could figure it out i would glady show everyone

Old 10-16-2005, 07:11 PM
I've got the type R's, had them for a while, with the alpine head unit. Sounded pretty good. got a 2 channel amp on em, and now there awsome. mounted the cross-over with some doubble-sidded tape to the inside of the door skin.

good luck with em. I just have them fadded up to the front, no rears to fill in, sitll sounds great, even at high levels.

Old 11-02-2005, 02:39 PM
ok, its lunch time and im taking a break, i am currently hooking up an alpine vpower 4ch amp to my type r components and two ways...i still dont have a head unit so i am using a system interface converter for the 4 chanels, it going pretty smooth so far, i am mounting the amp under the back seat.....ill try and update and post pics after i am done......

Trending Topics

Old 11-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by snookerf150
ok, its lunch time and im taking a break, i am currently hooking up an alpine vpower 4ch amp to my type r components and two ways...i still dont have a head unit so i am using a system interface converter for the 4 chanels, it going pretty smooth so far, i am mounting the amp under the back seat.....ill try and update and post pics after i am done......

Are you running the amp to the front tweets and mids (4 speaker, 4 channel)? Or, are you running the components off 2 channels and the rear off the other channel? I would suggest leaving the rear on the HU and amp the front so you have control over the level of the components seperately so you can tweek the sound better.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by ViperGrendal
Are you running the amp to the front tweets and mids (4 speaker, 4 channel)? Or, are you running the components off 2 channels and the rear off the other channel? I would suggest leaving the rear on the HU and amp the front so you have control over the level of the components seperately so you can tweek the sound better.
i am just running the 4 chanels, 2 front components, 2 rear 2ways....the components have the crossovers i figured that would be fine, plus the rear speakers are way underpowered already so they need an amp also....the components are 60w x 4 and the two ways are 50x4 and the factory head unit only puts out around 8w rms....ill let you know how it sounds

Old 11-02-2005, 10:30 PM
please let us know cause that is the exact same system I am going to be running come christmas time. Same amp and all... You think I should run the rear 2 ways off my after market head unit or put them on the amp as well?

Old 11-03-2005, 01:30 AM
Angry

ok well here it is....i got it all done, but after turning it up it is completely distorted and sounds like crap!....but about halfway up it is at least 3times louder than stock....i did the gain properly and the bass eq is low and the crossovers are off(neither hp or lp)...i cant adjust it to sound any better! i have to turn the bass on the stereo to negative 2 or 3 and it still doesnt sound good....any sugestions? i just feel like crap spending close to a $1000 and not having it sound perfect....it sucks

Old 11-03-2005, 06:53 AM
You said you have the crossovers off? On components you need the crossovers on them or it could damage it. Or are you just saying the amp crosovers are off? Another question is are you running a sub(s) with this system. If you're not you're probably not getting any low end at all except the back speakers.

I think you might be hearing the limitations of the stock HU otherwise. You might also look at the gain on the Line to RCA converter if you're using that. That could generate some clipping.

edit: try playing with your gain some. If the HU is F'ing up at high volume then try turning the gain up on the amp so you don't have to turn the HU up so high. The stock HU is gonna sound like crap regardless past half volume.

Last edited by ViperGrendal; 11-03-2005 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:54 AM
I have the type-r components and love them. They were just ok hooked up to my Kenwood HU. Just recently installed an Alpine 4 channel amp and now they are incredible. snookerf150 I don't have a clue what could be causing your issue. Good luck

Old 11-03-2005, 01:16 PM
the crossovers on the amp are off....i will try and tweak the gains a little bit and i will look at the line converter.....i dont have any subs hooked up yet i need to wait for the custom box, and i figure its the head unit but i am still saving and deciding on which one i want...i am kinda leaning towards the alpine iva-310 but i dont really know about the flip out...maybe the kenwood ddx-7017..i am not really sure yet..but thatnks for the help

Old 11-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If youve set your gains properly with a DMM, I wouldnt turn them up any more, but down is ok.

I think you might want to try turnin on your high pass filter, and setting it around 50-70 Hz. Filtering out some of the lows that those speakers are trying to play should make a difference. Most components and coaxials+low notes usually makes for some crappy sound.

Quick Reply: yay!!! type r