Kenwood powered sub question

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenwood powered sub question

Has anyone installed/heard or through the rumor mill know anything about the Kenwood KSC-SW1 http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nstbz6T...00&I=113KSCSW1 I had a 6in bazooka tube in my ranger and it made a good thump I have upgraded to the 2005 F150 Supercrew FX4 and need some lows in my truck without having to give up much space. I have no need for having my ears rupture or the neighbors hearing me coming. Any info would be appreciated. Rather have your opinions and knowledge than from the reviewers on Crutchfields. Thanks ahead for your input

Old 05-31-2005, 09:14 AM
Talking

I don't have that specific kenwood sub but I do have a kenwood wOOx that I installed in my 05 screw. It looks similar. It was easy to install and provides some bass to help give a complete sound to my factory system. I did not want to boom down the road and with the space limitations, the wOOx seemed to the right choice for me. I know people have made special boxes to house an 8" or 10" sub but I thought that that might take up too much room under the seat and I have no idea how to hook an amp tothe car battery. I just used the accesory wire off the head unit for power. The wOOx is pretty small and I can still store some things under the seat. The only problem that I am seeing with it now is that sometimes it does distort if I turn the volume up too much because it is hooked up to the high-level inputs. I would have really liked to have been able to use low level inputs but the factory head unit does not do that. Also, the wOOx has two small subs in it so certain songs like Yeah by usher seem to tax and distort it. But, other than that, I really like it. You can hear the base inside the cab but not outside of it. Hope this helps.

Old 06-21-2005, 10:14 AM
jd, did you ever pick up one of these boxes? I am doing some research/options on a powered sub. There aren't too many options with space under the 04-05 rear seats.

Anyone else have experience with this sub?

Old 06-22-2005, 12:40 AM
An re 8 is designed for small enclosures @ .25 cubes sealed and .5 ported, and a mounting depth of only 4 inches. www.reaudio.com The best part they are only 50 bucks. Or also look at like the 6wo which is a 6 or 6.5 inch sub or something like this http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?...=Specs&cur=USD .If you had to you could propablly install some/all of these in a bazooka tube or search for a small box on ebay. This would just be an alternative, if you are not fully set on the kenwood.

Quick Reply: Kenwood powered sub question