Calling Dupuis

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calling Dupuis

Dupuis,

I hate to keep bugging you about your sub box, but since I can't fit a decent single 10" under my rear seat, I'm leaning towards building a box identical to your's. I believe I'll be going with two 8" subs. Either RE's or JL W3V2's. I've never built a box before, so I'm going to stick with a sealed box, since it looks a little eaiser than a ported like your's. I'll be using the measurements you gave me a couple of months ago. I'll be using a JL 250/1 amp.

What thickness of MDF did you use?

Do you think two 8" will sound good in sealed box identical to your's?

Thanks
Greeny

Old 05-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Re: Calling Dupuis

Originally posted by Greeny
Dupuis,

I hate to keep bugging you about your sub box, but since I can't fit a decent single 10" under my rear seat, I'm leaning towards building a box identical to your's. I believe I'll be going with two 8" subs. Either RE's or JL W3V2's. I've never built a box before, so I'm going to stick with a sealed box, since it looks a little eaiser than a ported like your's. I'll be using the measurements you gave me a couple of months ago. I'll be using a JL 250/1 amp.

What thickness of MDF did you use?

Do you think two 8" will sound good in sealed box identical to your's?

Thanks
Greeny
I want with 5/8' MDF
It will sound good, just not as loud as a ported box. I made an exact sealed box before my ported one and was very pleased with the results. I just made the ported one because I had the wood and decided to stay with the ported due to more output from it.

Old 05-18-2005, 09:25 AM
I have a question for you too Dupuis. I checked out your install, looks sweet, but how did you get the 6.5s in the doors? I have an 05 FX4 (picked it up monday!) and the door speakers are 5x8s and the opening is only 6". Is yours diffrent from that? I couldnt imagine that Ford made diffrent door panels for each model of truck, other than the trim and such changing.

Old 05-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by tomjones
I have a question for you too Dupuis. I checked out your install, looks sweet, but how did you get the 6.5s in the doors? I have an 05 FX4 (picked it up monday!) and the door speakers are 5x8s and the opening is only 6". Is yours diffrent from that? I couldnt imagine that Ford made diffrent door panels for each model of truck, other than the trim and such changing.
I had to take off a little of the speaker frame to get it to sit into place. I just used a table top belt sander. It was real easy and did not effect the speaker. Look at the top of the speaker, you can see where it is a little flat. That is where I took metal off. I made the white trim piece out of 1/4 plastic.
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 05-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Ahhhhhhh.. i see... I had thought about cutting a groove in the door panel that the speaker edge could fit in.

Old 05-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by tomjones
Ahhhhhhh.. i see... I had thought about cutting a groove in the door panel that the speaker edge could fit in.
Don't want to do that, the more you keep your truck looking stock the better for resale.

Old 05-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Oh i definetly wouldnt do something that took away from stock appearence. The part i was thinking of cutting would be behind the speaker grill, so you really wouldnt see it.. Ill probably just stick some 5 1/4s in there and not worry about 6 1/2 and how to shoehorn them in there.

Old 05-18-2005, 04:17 PM
wow dupius that is a great job
I just put 6.5's in my truck and I used one of the mounting brackets and well it doesnt really look that great but it sounds good.
I do have one ? though. My left doorside woofer is making the door panel rattle do you have any suggestions on what I might be able to do.
thanks

Old 05-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by V6F150
wow dupius that is a great job
I just put 6.5's in my truck and I used one of the mounting brackets and well it doesnt really look that great but it sounds good.
I do have one ? though. My left doorside woofer is making the door panel rattle do you have any suggestions on what I might be able to do.
thanks
Thanks, this is what I did to keep my rear doors from rattling and for the fronts I put some on the inside door panel behind the speaker. Just go in through the speaker hole.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 05-18-2005, 10:52 PM
thanks dupius ill try that.
I appreciate everything.

Quick Reply: Calling Dupuis