gettin p*ssed...need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gettin p*ssed...need help

Ok so the other day my subs started to make a cackling hissing noise and then it woudl go away. I started to play with the ground and power wire and when i would push one way and in with them..it would stop. So when i got home i decided to unhook the ground and readjust it. I pulled it out and when i went to put it back in it started to spark and blew my fuse. I have done every thing i can think of to figure it out. I have now gone thu over 10 fuses. I cant even plug the fuse in and it blows immediatly. Is there something internally wrong with the amp? Something maybe to do where the power and ground is hooked to it? Maybe the connector piece is bad. I have no clue. Need help cuz im about to throw my amps and subs out. BTW they are alphasonic brand too...bought them from a guy on here used..cheap..They worked fine for how long...any help is a plus.

Old 03-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did you check every wire?....thier may be an exposed wire touching metal...

Old 03-10-2005, 08:35 PM
I think im going to pull my power wire out and inpect it. there could be a possibility that it maybe cut but doubtful. It never bothered until i pulled the ground out that day. In fact i got it to hold a fuse but made the noise worse so i pulled it out and from then on i can hold a fuse.

Old 03-10-2005, 09:35 PM
pulled all the wires out. No cuts or exposed wires. I dont know what the problem is unless the amp is wasted. I got tired of it so i yanked the subs and amp out of my truck. If i can find a used amp ill use that but dont feel like spendin the money for a new one. Ive had nothing but trouble with these in the first place. Guess thats what i get for buying junk! Na, the subs sound awesome but just need a better amp.

Old 03-11-2005, 03:10 AM
ttku

Run by a stereo shop and let them hook up your subs to the bench (should be free, if they are worth your time) and so if they are blown (really doubt it though). Most likely your amp took a surge after the fuse blew.

Did you disconnect the power from the battery before re-grounding and replacing the fuse?

Trust me, we have done a lot dumber at work.

And lastly, if it is the amp and you want a cheap stop gag for about a year. Jump on Ewhore.com (ebay) and check out lanzar. Dirt cheap for what you get.

Old 03-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Re: ttku

Originally posted by texas_fordlover
Run by a stereo shop and let them hook up your subs to the bench (should be free, if they are worth your time) and so if they are blown (really doubt it though). Most likely your amp took a surge after the fuse blew.

Did you disconnect the power from the battery before re-grounding and replacing the fuse?

Trust me, we have done a lot dumber at work.

And lastly, if it is the amp and you want a cheap stop gag for about a year. Jump on Ewhore.com (ebay) and check out lanzar. Dirt cheap for what you get.
Subs are fine hooked my friends amp up to them the other day. It has to do with the amp. I did not disconnect the power before regrounding it. I just simply took it off readjusted it and put it back in and then it went to hell. If it took a surge is the amp fried or what do you think?

Old 03-12-2005, 04:45 AM
time to use your buddy

I'm assuming he has a system. IF his setup is such as yours (same power wire, etc.) use his vehicle to test your amp. If not, ground it to a workbench and run your subs and a battery through it outside of your vehicle and see if it will work in that scenario.

It sounds like a bad ground and/or fuses. Do you have an in-line fuse between the battery and the amp (on the power wire somewhere in the engine compartment usually) or is just straight in.

Lastly if none if these free home tests work then go to an Authorized repair shop, and I stress authorized, and get them to overlook and repair the more then like fused internal regulators.

Old 03-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Re: time to use your buddy

Originally posted by texas_fordlover

It sounds like a bad ground and/or fuses. Do you have an in-line fuse between the battery and the amp (on the power wire somewhere in the engine compartment usually) or is just straight in.

Lastly if none if these free home tests work then go to an Authorized repair shop, and I stress authorized, and get them to overlook and repair the more then like fused internal regulators.
Yeah there is an inline fuse. It doesnt blow this one. Just the one on the amp. I made sure the ground wire was grounded well to the truck so that shouldnt be a problem. I still dont understand why it would have sparked when i put the ground back in the amp with out unhooking the power. Is there anything you can do for fused internal regulators? My guess is thats what happend.

Old 03-12-2005, 05:05 PM
yes...but I wouldn't recommend it

Take it to a small shop and get a quick bench and quote (shouldn't be more than twenty or thirty for the parts and repair unless it's a high end amp) otherwise you're in for a nightmare. Computer motherboards are a picnic to build comparitively the first time. If you want to go ahead and try this anyhow. Consult
the12volt.com it's a site for driveway and pro installers and some rebuilders. It's going to be jibberish for awhile but if you can figure it out than keep posting there

Old 06-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Did you disconnect the (-) Battery cable before doing it?

Quick Reply: gettin p*ssed...need help