I need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I need some help!

alright heres the deal i got a head unit put in my 1999 supercab, so the first night i had it, my front left speaker sounded like it had blown b/c it would come on everyonce and awhile wen it wanted to.Acouple wks passed and i never fixed the speaker but know it wouldnt work at all. So i figured that it was def. blown. So today I took my door panel off and went to put new speakers in. I cut the wirers hooked it all up and there was nothing. So i change the wirers around and there was stilll nothing. So now i'm pissed cuz i think maybe the wirer shorted out wen they put the head unit in. If anyone has any info on this please resopond

Old 02-23-2005, 07:24 PM
check the connections on the hu, fuses too

Old 02-24-2005, 10:25 PM
If anything shorted, it normally would have blown the fuse. Its also a possibility that one side of the outputs from the radio are no good. Ive seen this happen before on a new radio. Go back to where you got it installed and see if they will test it for you.

Old 02-26-2005, 11:31 PM
yea i went and pulled out my head unit thinking maybe something wasnt clipped in all the way but as i looked at the wiring harness i noticed one of the wires wasnt all the way in giving me no juice to my front left speaker. So I rigged it up and it works