Good, Value compoenets that blend well with 04 STX interior

Old 02-23-2005, 09:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good, Value compoenets that blend well with 04 STX interior

I have just added a sub,amp,HU and XM to my supercab 04 STX.

I think I want some components for the fronts and have them mounted in the side view mirror pillars. Anyone have pics of this? any Better locations? what are some good speakers for around $50-$75? I have a 100watt (25rmsx4ch) amp to drive them

what about the rear 6x8? any good replacement that offer mid bass and mid range? for around $40-$60?

Thanks.

Old 02-24-2005, 10:35 PM
I have installed tweeters in the A-pillars, the dash, and door panel for these trucks. Believe it or not if you place it in the corner of the dash near the windshield and invert them to fire toward the center of the windshield, you will get a better and more accurate soundstage. Personally, I have mine mounted that way as well, and it sounds fantastic! I got the idea from the Rockford Fosgate demo Frontier from a couple years ago.

As far as the brand, you really should go to some audio places and hear them personally. What sounds good to me may sound average to you. I personally reccommend focal. You can get the access line for a decent price. MB quart and Alpine also makes a good setup.

As for any component setup, I would strongly suggest using a high quality amp with a high pass crossover. It makes a world of a difference!

Old 03-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Suspended
Post a picture of how you mounted your tweeter. Isn't there a spot in the door above the speaker for a tweeter already?

Old 03-02-2005, 02:47 AM
Some good cheap components are Crystal Comps. THey have them factory renewed at Cardomain.com for about $100, a bit more but they are worth it. I installed a set of them in a Pathfinder and they are impressive. The tweets are installed the way Hellfighter described but a little further up on the a-pillar.

Edit: They are 6.5s but you can get an adapter plate or make a baffle out of MDF to get them to fit.

Last edited by Ray21; 03-02-2005 at 02:54 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good, Value compoenets that blend well with 04 STX interior