04/05' Scab box options

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04/05' Scab box options

I know this topic has been killed to death but its hard searching through numerous posts looking for a box. I want as much bass as possible and something with a decent mounting depth. Does anyone have any off the following? Hopefully with this will be the Master post that can clear all things up. So far ive heard of the following;

Q-logic www.crutchfield.com
Probox www.theboxxman.com
www.supercrewsound.com
www.soundoffaudio.com
www.musicmooseaudio.com

PS - Im also looking for a loud 10" sub. I made the mistake of selling my JL Audio 10W3v2 thinking it wouldn't fit in any of the boxes but now I see it would have fit in the Probox.

Old 02-23-2005, 01:44 PM
Did you see my earlier post. I just built my own box and I just bought wood to to build a new, better one. I would be willing to make one for you as well.

I am able to get 5.9375" mounting depth and possibly even more if needed and still keep it within the edge of the seat so you do not lose any leg room.

It can hold one 10" sub and my current design is .76cu ft but my new one should be over .8cuft

I have a probass ($69) 10" dual 4ohm voicecoil and power 150 and I think it hits very clean... I ran bass mechanix test cd and it is clean down to 30hz and starts to get some real sound around 42hz and 50hz-80hz is very solid.

I can listen at 70% of full HU volume with zero distortion and plenty of bump.

I moved the jack to the passenger seat (non power seats) and I am making a clean platform to mount the amp under the small rear seat

Old 02-24-2005, 12:26 AM
could you sneak a 12" sub in the box? what are you asking? ive built other subs boxes but right now im busy getting my stock car together and dont have time!

Old 02-24-2005, 09:07 AM
I though you were asking about other boxes out there for scabs

I built my own and could send you the drawings.

Diameter wise you could fit a 12 but the the depth would have to 5.75"

plus the volume.... I redoing mybox in 3/4" mdf, I think for a 12" you would need 3/4" mdf. It looks like I coan probably squeeze out 0.80cu ft without taking up any floor/leg space.

If I steal some of that space I could probably get close to .9cu ft.

If you have a speaker in mind I could throw it in solidworks and see if it fits

I know my 3d model is accurate because I have built several templates and one box and it is a dead nuts fit...

What I noticed helped a lot on my box other then sealing it was completly rubberizing the box with rubber paint. major impact

I am going to try my new box, seal it and spray it inside and out with the rubber then carpet it..

I am trying to get at least .8cu ft.

Right now with one 10" speaker at 50% gain on my amp it thumps so you can hear me coming all the way up to 75% full volume with 0 distortion and it doesn't even sound stressed.

Old 02-24-2005, 01:26 PM
JJcuff1,

The box you built, will that fit in a 2005 F-150 Supercab? I'm looking for a box that will hold either 2-8" or 1-10". I don't want to loose any leg room though.

Could you email me the specs of your box?

tskidmore@fuse.net

Thanks

Old 02-24-2005, 02:48 PM
It should I assume they are the same.

The first one is 1/2" MDF
29" long and angled to fit under the 60% rear seat part.
it has a 5.75" mounting depth
0.75 cuft
it fits flush or even slight inside the seat edge

I am doing a 3/4" version that will be 6" longer and a 1-2" longer so it might protrude 1" beyond the seat
The goal
6" mounting depth
3/4" construction
0.80cuft or more

I am also building a custom platform for the small rear seat to moung my amp cleanly under the seat. I already moved the jack. It slides nicely under the passenger front seat.

Old 02-24-2005, 06:09 PM
super crew box

I was wondering if anyone would mind sending me there ideas about building my own box. I need the plans for a 2004 super crew. I currently have 2 kenwood db+ and would like to at least put one of them under the seat. My speakers require at least .60cubic air space but .80 is optimum. thanx. danbryant01@hotmail.com

Old 02-25-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by jjcuff1
I though you were asking about other boxes out there for scabs

I built my own and could send you the drawings.

Diameter wise you could fit a 12 but the the depth would have to 5.75"

plus the volume.... I redoing mybox in 3/4" mdf, I think for a 12" you would need 3/4" mdf. It looks like I coan probably squeeze out 0.80cu ft without taking up any floor/leg space.

If I steal some of that space I could probably get close to .9cu ft.

If you have a speaker in mind I could throw it in solidworks and see if it fits

I know my 3d model is accurate because I have built several templates and one box and it is a dead nuts fit...

What I noticed helped a lot on my box other then sealing it was completly rubberizing the box with rubber paint. major impact

I am going to try my new box, seal it and spray it inside and out with the rubber then carpet it..

I am trying to get at least .8cu ft.

Right now with one 10" speaker at 50% gain on my amp it thumps so you can hear me coming all the way up to 75% full volume with 0 distortion and it doesn't even sound stressed.
Hey, could you send me your drawing? n_cichos@hotmail.com what truck are you running yours in? ive got no subs in mind at the moment. any ideas? i want something 50/50 sq/spl

Quick Reply: 04/05' Scab box options