RE or Adire Audio..

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE or Adire Audio..

Heres what im thinking to put behind my seat (1996 f150 reg. cab)

4 RE 8's, or 2 Adire Audio, Koda 10's

I can't find the specs for the 8's right now, so if someone could post them, that would help me out. But here's the 10" specs..

Param 10"
Fs 28 Hz
Xmax 18mm one way linear
Pmax4 300W RMS, 600W peak
SPL5 88 @ 1W, 1m
Diameter 10.5"
Cutout 9.25" Depth 4.75" 5.75" 7.25"
Volume 0.08 cubic feet
Weight 17 pounds
Price $229

Now, which do you think would give deeper, lower, and harder hitting bass, 4 RE 8's, or 2 10's?

Old 02-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Fs 22.8 Hz
SPL

Old 02-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Fs 22.8 Hz
SPL

Old 02-21-2005, 09:04 PM
god my computer sucks

sorry about the now triple post.

Fs 22.8 Hz (10 is 21.5 Hz)
SPL 81.2 (the re 10's are 84.7)
RMS 175 W (175 for the RE product line on all sizes)
Max Watts 250 on the whole product line
Mounting depth is not listed in the book (stupid engineers). I'll try and check a customers (if they'll let me) and get it to you.
Those are of course the RE specs.

As to a recommendation. Not one customer has brought in a Koda line so I can't tell you antyhing. As to the RE's, for the price they are a very good place to go with.
4 8's will give you a moderate to good "thump" with an exceptional sound of bass (hopefully I can explain this). Two 10's of good quality will give you a great thump with less sound to go with it. Technically, you can hear bass but the levels that big speakers are designed to go for...no human can, but you sure will Feel it. Hopefully that helps, if not. Break it down for me like I'm five as to what you want in the set-up and I'll do my best to explain.

Old 02-21-2005, 09:31 PM
re texas

Thanks for the specs for the RE's

What I would like to have is bass that will shake my doors. Not a lot, but I would like to be able to feel it in my chest, if you can get what I'm trying to say. Bascially something that will hit those low bass notes and hit them hard. I am kinda doubting that an 8 can hit those low bass, and be able to shake my cab... That's why I was kind of leaning towards the 10's...

On a side note, my friend has two 10" tubes, in his buick...and they are in his trunk..now..they can shake the seats, and they do put out quite a nice bit of bass, but if i get either of the subs I'm talking about, will they be able to hit as hard as the tubes do? I'm under the impression that tubes provide more bass, by the way..

I really hope that made sense..

Old 02-21-2005, 10:34 PM
mytruckisbetter

I gathered your statements two ways. If one is wrong skip to the other.

I think you mean tubes, like bazooka tubes; one of the originators and still dominant company in this area of sound. If so, yes to your question your subs will rattle your seats like his and should do even more since you have no back seat that the force must travel through to reach you. That is probably why your buddy has two as he needs and you don't. Trucks are essentially a lot easier to stage (after a few fudge-ups of course) than a car will ever be. We don't have to worry about trunk rattle, a rear seat to dampen sound or filling a cavernous space with massive SPL's. So yes to answer your question, two 10's will be able to destroy your spine or just tickle your colon (a running joke at work, sorry if it's too crass) depending on your liking and how much juice you put into it and what kind of music you like.

Old 02-21-2005, 10:41 PM
whoops...I forgot the second part

I also took to perhaps (doubtful, but just in case) to mean that your buddy has a ported box (ports look like tubes in most instances) or a bandpass (multiple tubes on front of box and speakers generally face 40% of each other. These types of boxes are designed specifically (in the bandpass instance) for trucks so airspace can intensify and sound re-verberate throughout. As such, they are at the best performance only on bass-Heavy music like rap, trance, techno and the likes. A ported box can be a mitigated to any type of musical wants fairly nicely, especially where an equalizer is employed to quickly delegate what type of music you are playing and how to divide that sound so to speak.
Your best bet in a single cab is a sealed box. That will give it limited options in the airspace catagory, but will allow you to hit harder in a smaller enviroment (your cab).

Hope I remembered to answer everything, if not just keep adding

Old 02-22-2005, 12:54 AM
Four RE8s have more cone area, but the 2 Koda tens will sweep more air with their 18mm of Xmax. They will also be more efficient and will have less distortion/better SQ because of its XBL^2 tech. But they will require much more airspace and are quite a bit more expensive than the RE8s.

Sealed the Koda 10s need at least 1 cube each, whereas 1 cube is enough for 4 RE8s... and if you want ported the box for the Kodas will probably be too large for your cab. 4 RE8s will need 2 cubes for ported.

More often than not a ported box will give you deeper bass and more output than a sealed box... but that's not saying a sealed box can't give you more than enough bass.

Have you considered any other subs? The RE SE's are tough to beat for the price as well and will work in small boxes too.

Old 02-22-2005, 08:47 AM
thanks for the response

Yes, texas i was referring to bazooka tubes, sorry I didn't clarify that.

One more thing, do you think I could fit the two 10's behind my seat? I have 11 inches at the widest part...but if i have to use all that to fit just two 10's...i would go with the 8's

Old 02-23-2005, 02:39 PM
Check out elemental designs subs. Very nice quality and work great in small boxes.

Old 02-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Buzzz
elemental designs

: puke :

Quick Reply: RE or Adire Audio..