kicker 8"l7 ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kicker 8"l7 ???

i was thinking about gettin two 8 inch l7 to put under my back seat in a 99 ext. cab i was planning on liftin the back seat which i am pretty sure i would have to because i want to fiberglass it so that they subs are facing the backs of my front seats and mount the amp flush with the subs so the question is have ne of you ever heard this or even done it , well let me know

Old 02-16-2005, 08:27 PM
Yes I have seen similar set-ups at the audio challenges here in houston, but they have never turned out that great that I have seen.

Are you doing this for the staging or for the custom look. The only reason I ask is I've done a lot of fiberglass work and most people don't realize how labor intesive it can be. I'm not certain from your statement if you have done this before or not.

If you really want to go custom why not fiberglass one quality ten under the seat. The staging of a downward firing box is actually wonderful if you want more of the feel of bass and less of the noise.

However if two 8"'s are the route you want to go just be prepared for more work than any shop is going to let you be aware of.

Old 02-16-2005, 08:33 PM
well i am actually gonna make it out of wood then fiberglass over it and paint it and i am aware of the sanding and bondo i will have to go threw but do you think facing the two 8"s out will sound good

Old 02-16-2005, 08:53 PM
I would honestly have to say that while I don't like it, that doesn't matter. It matters if you like it. I enjoy feeling bass more so than hearing it 50 yards away...So I would lean towards two high quality ten's or twelves for regular consumers and dual (or a high-high quality single) ten for the supercab and crew cab customers.

This is what I like, but honestly if you think you like this; then go for it and find it. Worst case scenario you might be out 15 for the wood and 20 on the resin and cloth. Either way you want to go. Just make it something You! enjoy.

If you would like my opinion or if you need any help with the process. Just hit me up

Quick Reply: kicker 8"l7 ???