midrange

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 07:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
midrange

I need some ideas on how to get some mid range speakers up to head level. Although I have good door speakers (eclipse components) I want the voice to sound the same even if someone is sitting in the passenger seat (legs block it). The rear speakers are close to the floor (no help there). I was wondering if anyone else had this problem with their reg cab.

Also, why no stock dash speakers?

Old 02-07-2005, 02:50 PM
I believe I was battling a similar problem. I have Eosone speakers in the basement, and I compare EVERYTHING to them. Unfortunately I can't get my truck to come close.

I also have components mounted in the truck. My first mistake was mounting the tweeters up by the door handle. Treble is TOO strong. I shoulda left 'em mounted right next to the midrange. But, to try to improve what I had,
1) dynamatted the door(inside and out) , dremeled some thicker Tin to replace the plastic brackets that held in the 5.25 mids dynamatted both sides of that.
2) Then experimented with their location in the hole, lower was better in my case. At first I thought up high was best, but the door panel was blocking too much. So, I got more by moving the speaker down, I also built a little "baffle" out of thick foam that kayakers use (micocell stuff) works great at keeping its shape - but it's beaucoup $$. That was mounted Between the window and speaker - tried to seal it up real good!

I dynamated both doors simultaneously, but only modded the mounting in one door at a time. I noticed a big diference in the way the truck sounded from L to R.

Not quite what you were asking for, but I doubt you are gonna find anyone here who's actually done what you are asking about, except maybe a guy who claims he's flush mounted 6x9's in the headliner!!

Last edited by frostby; 02-07-2005 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:59 PM
i've got an '04 lightning. i put kick panels in for the mids and tweets. they sound great, but when someone else is in there, their feet block some of the highs. i don't lose too much of the mid though because i have 9" midbass speakers in the doors. i've seen some installs with tweets in the A pillars or on the dash with the sound reflecting off of the windshield. depending on your level of expertise in installing, you should be able to either pay someone or do it yourself to get the desired result.

Quick Reply: midrange