Please help with sub box

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 12:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Please help with sub box

PLEASE HELP

I've posted several threads but not a lot of help. Hopefully someone can help me out.

I'm wanting to put in a sub, but can't decide what to go with. Too many things to choose from.

I mainly wanting something for quality. Nothing the whole neighborhood can hear.

Something to fit nicely under my rear seat of a 2005 Supercab.

I've narrowed it down to the following, just need pro's and con's on each and get some advice from some that are running one of them.

QLogic with single sealed 10" (little expensive)

Probox with Single 10" ported (fairly cheap, nice on the pocket)

Supercrewsound Box with single 10" (fairly cheap)

EBay has a Compitition Audio brand box to hold dual 10" (cheap)

What do yo all think? I'll also have Infinity Kappa 572.5 in all 4 doors. Soon to replace front with Components.

What do you think?

Old 01-29-2005, 01:20 PM
I think you should go with the probox... I did, and I am extremely happy with it! I also have the Infinity kappas in all doors... Running a jl e1400d amp for the rockford 10" punch...and a Pioneer dehp7600mp head unit... I replaced the audiophile with all of this, and it sounds about 10 times better, still not obnoxious which is exactly what I wanted.... 2 10's or 2 12's is too much....

Old 01-29-2005, 05:30 PM
go with what you can afford just stay with the more popular brands a friend of mine has a probox i don't like the sound of it. it may be box volume just remember when you try to match a sub to a premade box add woofer displacement into the cf of the box too little airspace it will not sound very good plus small sealed need more power as i was saying about the popular brands the cheep wone suck they look nice but are thin and poorly constructed i was an installer for several years i have seen cheepos literly blown up joints gave out and box just crumbled

Old 02-03-2005, 03:49 PM
I think if money is a issue you can buy the cheap one and modify it a little take some good silicon and seal all of the inside of the box at every joint the full length of the joint then you can either buy dyna fill or just use some insullation and stuff the box with it be sure to leave a little breathing room arrround the magnet of the woofer. So it can breath and not over heat. By trying different amounts of insullation you can make the box actually look bigger to the sub and cause it to sound allot better if the sub requires allot of room. Depending on the brand of subwoofer some require 1.5 cu ft others require less look on the spec sheet when you buy it.

I personally would by a Kicker 8 adn build a small box for it.
A sheet of MDF should run about $28

The small Kicker 8" would provide the bass low tones that is missing with out having a sub yet it would not be overly loud.

Kinda how home theater works...

Hope this helps.

JD

Old 02-03-2005, 05:55 PM
i agree with white04 you in most cases buy a speaker and build you a box for less than the price of an empty sub box plus its fun

Quick Reply: Please help with sub box