speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speakers

Hi gents, I have a 2000 ext cab with an all stock stereo. Want to upgrade. I have two amps, HU and subs from my last truck but I have a set of component speakers in kicks from my last truck which don't fit this one. there are 6X8's in the doors now and I would like to install some brand name speakers instead.
Would I be better off buying better 6x8's or putting component speakers in the doors? If you recommend components, how would I mount them since the bracket is for a 6x8?
Thanks for your time.

Old 01-20-2005, 03:46 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would put the comps in the door. You can easily make a bracket to hold the woofer and tweeter, or just the woofer if you want to mount the tweet somewhere out from behind the door panel.

Use some wood, thick sheets of plastic, anything that will hold it.

Or make or buy new kicks.

Old 01-20-2005, 03:57 PM
I squeezed in 6 1/2" comps in my front doors. I used a bracket from Crutchfield then made an 'O' ring from 1/2 inch MDF and trimmed it to make it fit. As for the tweet, mounted it right next to the woofer. There were different kinds of tweeter mounting brackets, so I used the flat external mount and screwed it into the door. Take a look:

Old 01-21-2005, 10:12 AM
Thanks for taking the time to help guys. Nice picture.

Quick Reply: speakers