making ur own

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
making ur own

would it be possible to make your own sub box? if so does anyone have a brief idea on how you would (like measurments and such). thanks a bunch

Old 11-20-2004, 04:21 PM
It all depends on what subs (and size ) your using, what truck, where, etc... Drop us some details, and I am sure someone can help!

Old 11-20-2004, 04:36 PM
i am putting the box behind my bench seat in my 1995 f150, i want it to hold 2 10" and have a spot for 1 or 2 amps

Old 11-20-2004, 09:17 PM
The originator of this thread gives the dimensions for the box he put in his truck. You might be able to contact the guy and find out what he thinks about the box he made.

http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.c...183&q=polyfill

Old 11-22-2004, 12:58 AM
Here, use this and do it yourself or buy one already made. I posted this in another thread but here I wioll post it again.

Follow this and then you'll know exactly how large to make it based off of the speakers requirements....

If you want to know a little secret try this as this can apply for any speaker and box combo.

Find out what the speakers specs are for a given box. Measure it out.

Calculating is merely a matter of measuring the dimensions in inches, and by using the following formula:

Box volume = (height) x (depth) x (width) divided by 1728. This will give you the volume of the box in cubic feet.

If two facing sides are uneven length, add them together, and divide by 2 to take the average.Using this number will give you the volume without the necessity of calculatingthe box sections, and adding the sections together.

Hope this helps. Now go out into the world and find the speaker whch is close to those specs and you'll sound good....

Old 11-22-2004, 03:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, just figure up the volume of the biggest box you can make, then look at some recommended box volumes of some subs youve been lookin at and see what works, or if its less you can take some out. Watch mounting depth to since its in a reg cab.

Quick Reply: making ur own