Subwoofer Pre_Out with OEM Stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subwoofer Pre_Out with OEM Stereo?

OK, I checked back as far as I could and couldn't find this although I'm sure it's been asked many times.

I have a 2004 F-150 with the stereo/6Cd changer. Is there a pre-out on the back of the head unit such that I can add a subwoofer? Thanks.

Old 11-16-2004, 11:56 AM
factory head

You will need a line output convertor or an amplifier with speaker level inputs(hi level).Call a local shop and get the correct wire colors.
hope this helps,jason

Old 11-16-2004, 12:32 PM
Just use low line convertors. Hook them up to the speaker wires in back of the head unit. Colors are listed somewhere on here. Check the search. Then you run RCAs from them to your amp and run new speaker wires from your amp to the speakers.

Old 11-27-2004, 05:20 PM
These guys are right.

The LOC unit I bought was from walmart in the stereo section. Cost me 14.00. Then the expeditions have an a 8in sub already back there. I disconnected that one, installed an LOC unit back there, and ran the rca's to the amp. Which I then hooked up the speakers.

What I also did was keep my deck stock. So when a thief wants to come by, he'll see a big *** tape deck that won't fit in anything but a ford and will decline from stealing it. Little does he know there is a 6 disk in the consol.

I ran the remote wire up to the deck and hid all the wires and it looks and sounds great. The Mach systems sound pretty good.

I am not otrying to get the biggest sound on the block but I sure as hell bump hard enough to here in a next to it with the windows up at the light... Not too loud but loud enough for inside the expy.

Quick Reply: Subwoofer Pre_Out with OEM Stereo?