Static!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Static!

I have static in my speakers when the volume is down. Cant notice it as much when the volume is turned up. When I disconnect my faceplate, static goes away (obviously because there is no power). Any suggestions on what I can check or do to stop the static? Also, if anybody knows anything about electric trailer brakes, when I have my trailer hooked up, I press the brake and there is a humming sound in the speakers. Weird!
When I turn the brake power level down the hum volume goes down as well. Just though I would throw that one out there for you all too.

Thanks for any info!

Old 10-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Sounds like a grounding problem. You might try gounding your brake controller and deck to the same point while improving the contact surface of the grounds.

If you have RCA signal cables, try to route them away from electrical sources/wires.

Old 10-04-2004, 09:30 AM
I had the same thing. Although not with the brake thing. Installed Ground Loop I. on both channels and problems solved.

Old 10-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Re-do your gounds. make sure that you grind away any paint. the more grounds you can tie together, the better. I'd also run a ground wire to connect ALL grounding points. And always keep RCA's away from power wires.

Old 10-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks for all the info, I will check all my grounds and see if I have the rca's next to the power.

Quick Reply: Static!