Speaker Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaker Replacement

I am going to replace all 4 speakers in my truck and I was wondering if anyone could tell me which was a better deal: Pioneer 6x8's or Pyramid 5x7/6x8's? And I would also like to know how to remove the panels in my truck (manual windows and locks, 3rd door only) Also, I wanted to know if anyone could tell me what I need to install a Vibe 238 800 watt amp.

Old 11-21-2003, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st, Pyramid is absolute junk and the Pioneers would be better for the money. However, there are still even better speakers out there for the same price or a little more that you should consider.

As far as adding an amp I suggest again that you buy some equipment better than the vibe. You can spend the same amount and seem to be getting less power but in all actuallity you will be getting better quality sound and probably more power as well. There is ZERO chance that the vibe could ever do 800 watts even on it's best day. Max output is probably in the 100 watt total range on the 238 not to mention the x-over is also junk. But if all you want is big impressive numbers then why aren't you choosing one of those under dash mount 6,000 watt graphic EQ/bower boosters? Because you know they are junk. So, in short let me say please, please, please buy something that you will be more happy with in the long run. Look on Ebay or Ike Sound and think about picking up a Rockford, JBL, Hifonics, Soundstream, Kicker, JL Audio, Sony, Alpine, Kenwood or other more reputable companies amp and speakers.

Now as for what you will need that depends mainly on your HU. If you have RCA outputs then all you need is and amplifier install kit with 8 gauge wire, fuse holder, fuse, split loom, remote wire, some connectors, and RCA cables. If you are connecting to a factory HU you should throw in a speaker level to RCA adapter preferably of better quality with level adjustment built into it.

Quick Reply: Speaker Replacement