help needed for hook up

Old 10-17-2003, 07:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help needed for hook up

Hi, I have purchased a Bazooka amplified tube and am not able to figure out where to hook up the Hi-Lev inputs and outputs. Any help and direction appreciated, have single cab 1998 F150 with 2002 factory head unit and cd changer.

Old 10-17-2003, 09:27 AM
I'd tap into the drivers side rear speaker. If you pull the carpet back near the speaker, you'll uncover the speaker wire. You don't even need to remove any panels.

As for the outputs, you don't need them unless you have another amp.

-Mark

Old 10-17-2003, 10:28 AM
Thanks Mark, being there is a right and left input wire, wouldn't I have to tap into both speakers, or doesn't that matter? And does it matter which wire I tap into as far as + or - ?

Old 10-17-2003, 01:13 PM
jimrvz, Is that an actual diagram of the Bazooka amp? If so, then the black outputs are to be hooked to your sub, more than likely. If your factory HU does not have RCAs, then the Bazooka will have to use speaker level(high level) inputs. Judging from the description of the high level inputs, you may have to use the - from one side and the + from the other, but I'm not positive about that. Maybe you could contact Bazooka for more in depth info or maybe they have a link on their website that could help. Good Luck!

Old 10-17-2003, 04:32 PM
Thanks 97f250, yes that is the actual diagram, and it is an amplified sub, so it is amp and sub in one. I have contacted Bazooka, and they have been of no help. They sent me that diagram, but I had already had that one. I was looking for a diagram for the other end hook ups. They do suggest using the Hi-Lev inputs though rather than the Low-Lev RCA plugs. I believe I should tap into the rear speakers, I just don't know how.

Old 10-17-2003, 07:50 PM
Scrap my previous statement. If you pull up the carpet on the rear passenger side, you should find both the left and right speaker wires run together. I'd tap in there.

-Mark

Old 10-18-2003, 02:14 AM
And to add to the comments you will want to use the right + and left + to connect to the according wires. Don't worry about the output wires just make sure they are capped. If you look at the HU Remote thread you will find the colors for left and right rear + speaker wires. Then you can use scotchlok wire taps and spade lugs to tap in. Oh you will also find your remote turn on wire in that thread as well for a factory HU. I do suggest however to use RCA's if you have an aftermarket HU that has them as they are a much better connection. Bazooka is referring to the high level inputs are better than RCA's only when connecting using speaker level output wires from a HU that does not have RCA outputs.

Old 10-18-2003, 08:08 AM
Thanks to all I think I actually can figure it out now

Jim

Old 10-21-2003, 01:13 AM
If you want to make it easy you can also get a Line Level Converter so you can run RCA's
They run from $5-10 and just hook up to your speaker wires. Basicly the same as using High level imputs, but can be make to look a little nicer

Old 10-21-2003, 09:53 PM
Thanks, I will check that out when I purchase the wire I need to run to battery.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help needed for hook up