Need help on component install problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help on component install problem

I just finished the install of MB Quart RSD216 6.5's and a Eclipse EA2212 amp. I am having a strange problem. Everything is installed and I think everything is wired right but I still have problems. When I turn it on all I get is a loud buzz or a roar, kinda has a reverb sound to it too. I'm thinking it's something to do with the Eclipse headunit I have, as the back speakers fail to play and they are still the OE speaker and wire. I did have my neg and pos from amp to crossover backwards on one side but that is now fixed. Did I damage something?
I do know my model (cd 5441) has a system selector switch on the back that is set according to if you have amps, DSP, EQ, crossover's etc. I had it set to ON like the book said and no luck and I tried it OFF as well. Also, it has 5v preouts but the Eclipse ea2212 amp has a gain control that goes to 5v as well, reverb sound gets louder with less gain control. I tired the amp on mono as well as stereo settings. Could a bad ground be the problem? Gonna recheck everything Sunday.
Thanks

Old 06-30-2003, 12:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gott it all fixed... Must have been a pinched or crossed wire with a combination on incorrect amp and HU settings. All is fine now except a high pitched squeal/thump when you turn the radio on.

Quick Reply: Need help on component install problem