Southeast AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN

Odometer displays error

Old 02-20-2017, 09:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odometer displays error

My 02 F-150 is reading error on the odometer. It started yesterday and I have tried to do some research, but the people who have similar problems seem to have much older vehicles than mine so I don't know if their diagnosis will translate to my situation. My truck starts and runs fine, just reads error on the odometer the entire time it is on. I have tried disconnecting the neg cable to the battery, and someone even suggested holding down the reset button while staring the truck, but neither of those work. I have been having a minor (at least it appeared to be minor) issue where the instrument panel would peg out, drop to 0, and then reset to current readings if I hit a decent bump in the road. I even looked under the instrument panel to see if there may be a loose connection, but I did not find any. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:49 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
These trucks have a problem usually by the odometer going blank. Removing the cluster and resoldering usually fixes that problem. If you do a search you shoud find some threads that discuss this issue. Resoldering may repair yours. I don't know?

Search this Thread