Southeast AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN

Any Nascar Fans out there?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Nascar Fans out there?

If so who is your favorite Driver?

I am a big Roush Racing Fan.....I used to be a huge Rusty Wallace Fan until Penske made the switch to Dodge. I just knew that Ford Finally got em a great driver last year when Ryan Newman came to Penske and one the Rookie of the Year. I was so dissapointed to hear the bad news that Dodge was getting those two. Looking back I bet Ford wished they would have given Penske whatever he demanded...this kids one 7 races this year!

I found out after my favorite driver was switching to Dodge that I was more Brand Loyal then Driver Loyal. So I guess you could say I pull for anybody driving in a Ford!

GO #17/#97/#99/#16/#6/#21/#88/#77/#38

-Adam

Old 09-24-2003, 06:01 PM
I started really paying attention to NASCAR last year and have really followed it closley since.

I too am a Roush fan and specifically like Kurt Busch. That kid has shown incredible ability and sportsmanship...(Spencer aside) The finish with Craven was awsome as was the finish with DJ. The stink with Spencer will pass and I think he has learned a lot from that.

I like to see just about any Ford win but also am happy to see Awsome Bill run well, his teammate Mayfield has been running strong lately. Still pulling for Rusty cause he needs a win.
I respect the older racers and really enjoy seeing them do well.... Thought it was great that Terry won Labor day.

Stan

Old 09-24-2003, 11:47 PM
I've been watching for about 5 years now. I like Kurt Busch and then some of the older drivers like Terry Labonte. I like for the Fords to win but sometimes I like to see one of the other drivers win. EXCEPT for Jeff Gordon.

Old 09-25-2003, 06:05 AM
I've enjoyed NASCAR since the 'winged cars' and the 426 hemi.

Old 09-25-2003, 10:46 AM
Wow!

I'm glad to see some Ford Racing Fans out there! I get tired of seeing #8 stickers on every car I pass! Don't get me wrong I think he's a good driver but dang how is it 99% of the Nascar fans pull for one driver and boo the others?

It's very evident when watching Driver Introduction or even being at the race track when they parade around the track......Dale Jr. Gets a standing ovation! Except for me, I don't stand because I don't think he's earned everybodies praise! He ain't his Daddy! In fact comparing Matt Kennseth whom won the Rookie of the Year race between the two, has more wins of the two, and is in line to become a Winston Cup Champion first of the two, I would say.....Kennseth is the better candidate for praise! Does he get all that recognition? NOPE!

He just quitely own's em at the track!

I like Kurt Bush alot too! This kid's got raw skills!

I really want to see Greg Biffle win a Winston Cup Championship! First I hope he can win the Rookie of the Year race that he's so tightly locked in with Jamie McMurray. Think about Greg Biffle....Rookie of the Year in Truck Series, Truck Series Champion, Rookie of the Year in Busch Series, Busch Series Champion, If he wins Rookie of the Year in Winston Cup.......Wow he could be the first to win ROTY in all the Series, then go on to win a Championship...he would be the first to do that too!

That to me is one heck of an accomplishment! Good Luck Biffle!

How bout Mark Martin...If anybody deserves a Championship, it's this guy! How many times has he finished Brides maid (2nd) in points....3-4 times in his career! Good Luck Mark!

Jeff Burton....Getting a new sponsor next year, I hope it lifts up that team! He's one of the smoothest drivers on the track! I heard his new sponser might be Smirnoff Ice/Triple black....If so that will be one awesome looking Black number 99! I hope they make it look just like Kennesths black Car!

If you guys are like me and look everywhere for Roush Racing Gear but have no luck finding anything but Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr., Tony Stewert crap at your local walmart then a good site to order your favorite drivers gear other than www.Nascar.com is www.teamcaliber.com It's owned by Jack Roush so he's got all the good Roush stuff in stock and ready to ship!

Ok guys my fingers need a break!

-Adam

Old 09-27-2003, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I'm a big Rusty fan, and I almost cried when I heard his switching to DODGE*puke*

Oh well though.

Old 09-28-2003, 11:09 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well Adam, there is not a 8 sticker anywhere on my truck, do have my Mark Martin Frame around my plate in back though, I like to see the Roush cars up front, although When Terry Labonte won I was pulling for him, I think he has been getting the shaft ever since Jeff Gordon came on board with Hendrick Motors.

Old 09-28-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Siberexpress
Well Adam, there is not a 8 sticker anywhere on my truck, do have my Mark Martin Frame around my plate in back though, I like to see the Roush cars up front, although When Terry Labonte won I was pulling for him, I think he has been getting the shaft ever since Jeff Gordon came on board with Hendrick Motors.
I agree with the above statement!

Except for the MM thing, I have a #2 sticker on my truck!

Old 09-28-2003, 02:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My 87 has both a 6 and a 2 sticker on the back window.

Old 09-28-2003, 02:10 PM
Rusty's winless streak ends today

Old 10-07-2003, 04:54 PM
I have been a hardcore fan since 93.
Since I have been to about 100 races(Including Bush and Trucks).
Was a big #3 fan now its #29. I chose to stay with the team instead of going for Jr.
I think I made the better choice.
Kevin reminds me alot more of Dale (The Richmond/Rudd Fiasco).
Dont engrave that trophy yet!!!!!

Old 10-07-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by 04xlt
I have been a hardcore fan since 93.
Since I have been to about 100 races(Including Bush and Trucks).
Was a big #3 fan now its #29. I chose to stay with the team instead of going for Jr.
I think I made the better choice.
Kevin reminds me alot more of Dale (The Richmond/Rudd Fiasco).
Dont engrave that trophy yet!!!!!

Harvick sure is coming, and strong! I would rather see him win it than Kenseth. Of course I would rather anyone else win it besides those two, and Gordon. Hell let's just say, I would like to see Rusty or Newman win it.

Old 10-26-2003, 01:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Been a NASCAR fan for many years hope I hope Matt can win it all and I pull for anyone driving a FORD I defintly hate any of the Chevy drivers.

Quick Reply: Any Nascar Fans out there?