Southeast AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN

What do you like about the state in the SE that you live in

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's how I do it. There may be other ways that do not include starting your own photo album here at the website. But it is very cool to have your album online. You can post pics from it anywhere on the web you wish.

1. Start a photo album at f150online.com. (Click on "Create Your Own F150online Photo Gallery" on the homepage)

2. Upload a pic from your computer to the album.

3. While in the thread you want to post the pic, open another copy of your browser and go to you photo album in the second browser copy.

4. When you get to the point in the thread that you wish to post a pic, go to the second browser, right click the pic you want to post, select "properties", highlight the URL with your mouse, right click the highlighted URL address, select "copy".

5. Return to your browser window with the thread you want to post in.

6. At the point in your reply/post that you wish the pic to be, press the button labled "IMG" in the "vB Code" row of options above the text message box. (The box where you type your post)

7. A text input box will pop up. Right Click in the input field and select "paste". Click "OK"

8. Your pic is posted in the thread.

I know this sounds complicated, but it is really easy. It just takes alot of typing on my part to describe it. (I may have described it in too much detail for you, but I do not know your experience with computers and did not want to lead you astray)

It really only takes just a few seconds to do it. Good luck! Hope to see a pic or two from you soon!

Old 10-10-2003, 08:44 AM
I like Mississippi and Tennessee. I live in Eads, TN a community close to Memphis. I have lived in the Memphis area all of my life (55 years) I like Tennessee for different reasons one of which is it has my favorite vacation spot which is The Smoky Mountains and Gatlinburg. I like Mississippi because my parents grew up there and having been influenced by my Father's love for Ole Miss football I now share that passion. I have four kids and all but one plus myself are football season ticket holders (50 miles from my house to Oxford).

Old 10-15-2003, 09:13 PM
I think anywhere in the southeast is the best place to live at in the US

Old 10-20-2003, 08:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What I like about TN is No state income tax.

Old 10-21-2003, 01:14 PM
I think the my most favorite thing about being from Durham, NC is that you're only 3 hours away from the coast for the spring/summer and 3 hours from the mountains in the fall/winter. Makes for great weekend getaways for little cash.

Old 10-22-2003, 07:44 AM
Best things in FL.

Girls in bikinis, summers that seem to go on forever, gorgeous beaches, laid back sailing on summer days with a good brew/tasty tunes and a little deck fluff, watching a sunrise while biking down the beach (which will definatley put your mind right).

Worst things in FL.

Snowbirds, transplants, beach condominiums, Se Habla, the mouse house, fat chicks in bikinis, guys wearing banana hammocks (most especially pale white overweight hairy backed northerners wearing one, fuggedaboudit), the phrase "Here's how we did it up north", loud and impatient yankees with a bumper sticker that says 'I (heart) New York'.

Russ (yes, I am a native)

Old 10-24-2003, 12:17 AM
Re: Re: What do you like about the state in the SE that you live in

Originally posted by RebelYell
My family, my friends, my heritage, my home.

Exactly, my family has deep roots in NC, and it's a part of me. My Great great great Grandaddy fought for NC in the War For Southern Independance too. (and his brother in law too.)

The above pic is a pic of the Family Farm in Forsythe County NC, I'm currently situated somewhere near Raleigh right now though, but some of my ancestors were from Raleigh as well as Forsythe county. My great Grandmother still owns the farm and lives in the former Slaves cabin, and her daughter and their family lives in the main house now. (you can tell how badly our slaves were treated, NOT. They were even given a large plot of land accross the street when they were set free, where the descendants of the original slaves live today, still best of friends.)

Last edited by bloomquist; 10-24-2003 at 12:21 AM.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:37 PM
bloomquist.........

It's great to see another proud Southern boy here!

The pic of your family's farm would not show. Will you re-post it, please? I would like to see it.

Thanks.

Old 10-29-2003, 04:49 PM
What do I like about Florida............Smashed Love Bugs cooking on a hot radiator.....LOL

Old 10-30-2003, 07:31 AM
Good one Ding! Sort of goes along with mosqitoes. I've always said that in Florida you don't need to look up to see if the sun is setting. All you have to do is wait for the thousands of mosqitoes to simultaneously attack.

When I was up in Minnesota a couple of years ago a co-worker and I were standing outside talking and he swatted a puny little mosquito on his arm and said something like 'I bet you don't have bloodsuckers like this down in Florida'. I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. I told him to come on down and we'll see how long he lasts on any summer evening. I bet him it would be less than ten minutes.

Russ

Quick Reply: What do you like about the state in the SE that you live in