One Million Posts!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 02:56 PM
F150online
Founder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One Million Posts!!

Wow! We just hit 1,000,000 posts. Amazing!

Old 07-16-2003, 03:14 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Indeed we did!!!!

Now we're gonna party like it's 1999....

Old 07-16-2003, 04:21 PM
So who was it? Is there any way to find out who made that 1,000,000th post? I know it wasn't me, but we would all like to know.

Old 07-16-2003, 05:19 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by paulv107
So who was it? Is there any way to find out who made that 1,000,000th post? I know it wasn't me, but we would all like to know.
I'm sure it was someone in the Lightning forum. I was online when it happend but missed it...

I think I was 1,000,009

Old 07-16-2003, 08:46 PM
It was me, I will be picking up my new 2003 Lightning in a few weeks. I had to special order it and have the chip put in etc. I believe Steve is throwing in some free F150 stickers as well, he is a great guy, just said order the L any way you want it...

Old 07-16-2003, 08:51 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
It was me, I will be picking up my new 2003 Lightning in a few weeks. I had to special order it and have the chip put in etc. I believe Steve is throwing in some free F150 stickers as well, he is a great guy, just said order the L any way you want it...
1:75 Models equipped with Frito Lays don't count you keyhole.

Old 07-16-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
1:75 Models equipped with Frito Lays don't count you keyhole.
Oh...

Old 07-16-2003, 09:55 PM
Naw! It had to have been me

Old 07-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Originally posted by paulv107
Hey Steve:

You gonna tell us ?

Please....

Old 07-18-2003, 03:26 AM
Yeah, who was it? That would be interesting to know!

Old 07-18-2003, 08:53 AM
F150online
Founder
If I could figure it out, I would let you know. But the posts are numbered sequentially, and the database table does not take into account deleted threads or post. So, the 1,000,000th post may actually be number 1,101,232 in the database.

Old 07-18-2003, 11:14 PM
too bad

Old 07-19-2003, 10:22 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by webmaster
If I could figure it out, I would let you know. But the posts are numbered sequentially, and the database table does not take into account deleted threads or post. So, the 1,000,000th post may actually be number 1,101,232 in the database.
A-HA! Thus we should delete threads. LOL!!!

Old 07-19-2003, 11:21 AM
Well, you could just pick a name for advertisement purposes:

“On July 16, 2003 we had our 1,000,000 post and it was …….”

Now here in lays the dilemma, picking the ultimate screen name for the biggest buck in advertisement. It needs to be something that is not only a person, but a name that reflects in the best possible light the true enthusiasm of the site. One that just reaches out and GRABS someone and tells them:

I have GOT to be a part of this site, I have GOT to be a member of this site.

Now, you may be thinking hmmmmmmm what would be a good name? No need to worry I have done exhausted research into the subject and am prepared to offer my services, free of charge of course…

Out of searching the 41,013 member names, as of this time, I have concluded the best possible name for representation of this fine site to be:

01 XLT Sport

Let me explain the reasoning, it was a very tough decision with countless hours involved. So let’s break down the chosen name and see how it “positively” reflects with the sites enthusiasm.

01:

This one is simple, it reflects number 1, the first in the mist of many, a very positive symbol. 00 is no good because it reflects “nothing” just empty, 02 well that’s even worse it is number 2 or the first loser therefore with 01 you already have a positive, at the front of the pack symbol that best represents your site.

XLT:

The first thing that comes to mind with this symbol is “Excellent”, just out right outstanding with some masked hidden message as follows:

X: A simple X as in to cross out any competition, there simple is nothing better then a Ford. It is also a calling to the generation X crowd, a welcome mate if you will.

L: This welcomes not only regular F150 owners, but those with the fastest truck of them all, the Lightning. It also induces the brain to think “this is the FASTEST growing site in the neighborhood I had better join now before all the available slots are gone. It also screams out at those looking for “speed” they think now here is a site I can come to and find information on mods to make my truck even faster.

T: This simple states “tamed” this site is a very tamed site, a friendly and family type of site, not only is it for someone who is in the 20’s, 30’s or 40’s but those that may be in there 90’s or better yet if your not sure what is a good web site for little Johnny who is only 5 to be viewing then you have found that “safe and tamed” site for his viewing pleasure and as a BONUS he will actually learn something.

Sport:

Again, something that first comes to mind is “fun” and “family” something with boundaries and rules. It says this is not a free for all site but rather well organized, well laid out. It also jumps out at you and states EXCITEMENT because sports are just down right exciting, and brings the mind back to fast like NASCAR, Football and other sports. It is fast paced, not at idle, you know where you’re going, and where you have been but yet there is more to come, never ending and usually never boring.

On top of all those positive reflections you get an added bonus with the complete name which just outright states Ford trucks, tough not Timid, fast not like a Rock, good looking and not Dugly…

Imagine the excitement that would be generated not just in the Ford community but the worldwide community if you were to announce:

”Today we had our 1,000,000 post and it was 01 XLT Sport and he is awarded a 2003 Ford SVT Lightning”

All I could recommend is be prepared to double or quadruple your current servers because with the intensity of the excitement the masses would be coming to this site to join in on the celebration and joy and perhaps we would all share in having a Coke and letting the good times roll…

Old 07-19-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Well, you could just pick a name for advertisement purposes:

“On July 16, 2003 we had our 1,000,000 post and it was …….”

Now here in lays the dilemma, picking the ultimate screen name for the biggest buck in advertisement. It needs to be something that is not only a person, but a name that reflects in the best possible light the true enthusiasm of the site. One that just reaches out and GRABS someone and tells them:

I have GOT to be a part of this site, I have GOT to be a member of this site.

Now, you may be thinking hmmmmmmm what would be a good name? No need to worry I have done exhausted research into the subject and am prepared to offer my services, free of charge of course…

Out of searching the 41,013 member names, as of this time, I have concluded the best possible name for representation of this fine site to be:

01 XLT Sport

Let me explain the reasoning, it was a very tough decision with countless hours involved. So let’s break down the chosen name and see how it “positively” reflects with the sites enthusiasm.

01:

This one is simple, it reflects number 1, the first in the mist of many, a very positive symbol. 00 is no good because it reflects “nothing” just empty, 02 well that’s even worse it is number 2 or the first loser therefore with 01 you already have a positive, at the front of the pack symbol that best represents your site.

XLT:

The first thing that comes to mind with this symbol is “Excellent”, just out right outstanding with some masked hidden message as follows:

X: A simple X as in to cross out any competition, there simple is nothing better then a Ford. It is also a calling to the generation X crowd, a welcome mate if you will.

L: This welcomes not only regular F150 owners, but those with the fastest truck of them all, the Lightning. It also induces the brain to think “this is the FASTEST growing site in the neighborhood I had better join now before all the available slots are gone. It also screams out at those looking for “speed” they think now here is a site I can come to and find information on mods to make my truck even faster.

T: This simple states “tamed” this site is a very tamed site, a friendly and family type of site, not only is it for someone who is in the 20’s, 30’s or 40’s but those that may be in there 90’s or better yet if your not sure what is a good web site for little Johnny who is only 5 to be viewing then you have found that “safe and tamed” site for his viewing pleasure and as a BONUS he will actually learn something.

Sport:

Again, something that first comes to mind is “fun” and “family” something with boundaries and rules. It says this is not a free for all site but rather well organized, well laid out. It also jumps out at you and states EXCITEMENT because sports are just down right exciting, and brings the mind back to fast like NASCAR, Football and other sports. It is fast paced, not at idle, you know where you’re going, and where you have been but yet there is more to come, never ending and usually never boring.

On top of all those positive reflections you get an added bonus with the complete name which just outright states Ford trucks, tough not Timid, fast not like a Rock, good looking and not Dugly…

Imagine the excitement that would be generated not just in the Ford community but the worldwide community if you were to announce:

”Today we had our 1,000,000 post and it was 01 XLT Sport and he is awarded a 2003 Ford SVT Lightning”

All I could recommend is be prepared to double or quadruple your current servers because with the intensity of the excitement the masses would be coming to this site to join in on the celebration and joy and perhaps we would all share in having a Coke and letting the good times roll…

burt you got to much dang free time !

Quick Reply: One Million Posts!!