Looks like a Great Idea for a Bed Cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 10:06 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Looks like a Great Idea for a Bed Cover

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/mustang...st-back-seller

Old 02-17-2019, 11:44 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Think it's worth the 4-6 grand it takes to buy one? Seems ridiculous expensive to me. Somebody else already posted this here....maybe 2-3 months ago.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:12 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
It looks like a bloated Mustang to me. I notice that the lid doesn't open very far and there are still inaccessible corners in the front. Also I also worry about body joints on any upward facing surface due to leaks. Furthermore, the rear and rear corners visibility looks like it would be nil. It's novel looking but frankly I think there are better looking and better functioning covers.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:35 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
I keep a camper shell on my truck. When I was working temporary contract jobs all over the eastern half of the USA, I carried everything I could stuff in it for some minimal furnishings for an apartment at my new job. I did this for about 20 years with my jobs lasting anywhere from 6 weeks to over 3 1/2 years. Now that I am retired, most of the year I keep beach stuff and fishing stuff in the bed because we like to drive out on the 4 miles of beach close by and enjoy the sun, sand, water, and fishing.

I would prefer this new style over a hard tonneau cover due to the presumed improved aerodynamics and it will allow you to carry more stuff. And I suspect the price will come down as more are sold and as the article stated other companies are trying to buy the right to produce it.

Quick Reply: Looks like a Great Idea for a Bed Cover