2015 - 2020 F-150

2015 rad hose snap ring problem - help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 11:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 rad hose snap ring problem - help!

I just had some collision work completed on the front of my 15 F150. I know they had the rad removed. This morning I went for my first ride and the left side rad hose blew off!
I made it home fortunately and I am now examining it. I see a white plastic end on the hose with a snap ring built in. I see no damage and the hose snapped back on to the rad as it should. It is impossible to pull it back off by hand.
Has this been a problem area for these trucks or can I assume they didn't have it pushed on correctly?

The following users liked this post:
Old 02-18-2018, 11:54 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Radiator hoses do not randomly blow off without an issue.

Sounds like they didn't install it on correctly.

I would've taken pictures/video and had it towed back to the collision shop to have them fix it on their dime. Not to mention if you have gasket/engine issues down the road.

I've had similar experiences with collision shops. They are in a rush and want to get to the next vehicle. Doesn't mean they can skimp on work or not double-check their work.

For example, my mother hit a deer a year ago, and needed a new bumper cover, radiator, radiator support bar, and a headlight. I made darn sure to get up under the vehicle and check their work BEFORE leaving. Yes, the boys at the collision shop were nervous, but it's MY vehicle. Go to find out, they forgot to tighten a couple bolts, didn't replace a couple push-in rivets, and most importantly didn't align the headlights. You bet I took pictures and told them to fix it. They fixed it, and went over it again with me. They said 98% of customers don't do what I did.

Another tip: Don't get mad... that's worst thing to do. Act cool and be cool. Will get you a long way. Always worked for me.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Radiator hoses do not randomly blow off without an issue.

Sounds like they didn't install it on correctly.

Thanks for that. I am going with that as having been the problem and will road test again later. I have topped up the system with antifreeze and let it run for a while. Temp gauge stays at the constant 1/2 way point. Only thing is the heater is only warm when blowing. You have to rev the engine to get hot air. I am letting it sit for a while in case it wants to burp.

Old 02-18-2018, 01:06 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
There is air in the system. I recommend letting it cool down, then start it go out and open the radiator cap and let the air out. Along with squeezing the hoses helps too.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2015 rad hose snap ring problem - help!