Let's start over......

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 10:07 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by MTM Ford
The Cavaliers parked until I can figure out a cheap/easy way to fix the fuel lines. I put half a tank in it Friday. Drove the truck to camp and got home Sunday, jumped in the car and it only had 1/4 in it. Drove to my moms house (10 or so miles)to pick up my dog and the fuel gauge was buried by time I got home
Where is the leak? Lines or tank, or both?

Old 09-06-2016, 10:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Patman
Where is the leak? Lines or tank, or both?
There's a line that runs along the drivers side and it literally pours gas out as soon as the pump kicks on, its a pretty major hole under the rear door. There's another hole right before the filter but it's smaller.

I would just cut the line and run a hose but I'm afraid of creating more problems since the lines so rusted. I tried cleaning the lines up and put some fuel tank repair stuff on it but it didn't work. I know I need to just replace the lines but I don't want to do it and I know it would cost more than the cars worth to have someone do it.

I don't understand how I lost so much fuel while it sat since it really shouldn't leak from those areas unless the fuel pump is on or it should at least stop once it loses pressure.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:23 PM
Global Moderator &

I've seen some plumbing repair stuff at Lowes that you just wrap and let it cure and it's supposed to be a permanent bandaid. Don't know if it is fuel rated, much less if it even works all that well.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll have to try to find some and try it. If you get enough build up on it it should get plugged up eventually right?

Old 09-07-2016, 01:22 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Get some of that spray stuff they have on T.V. You know, the stuff they make boats out of screen doors with!

Old 09-07-2016, 11:50 AM
Before and after.

She's had a hard life the last couple months and now has to sit outside all the time, figured it was time to show it some love. It looks like with the 4k miles I put on it in less than 2 months added about 2 rock chips per thousand miles. Couldn't believe all the damn chips on the hood and a couple on the doors. Oh wells can't stay perfect forever

Old 09-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by MTM Ford
The Cavaliers parked until I can figure out a cheap/easy way to fix the fuel lines. I put half a tank in it Friday. Drove the truck to camp and got home Sunday, jumped in the car and it only had 1/4 in it. Drove to my moms house (10 or so miles)to pick up my dog and the fuel gauge was buried by time I got home

I did have an older couple with a Kodiak Brown F150 follow me into the beer distributor to compliment my truck. Of course it was trashed from going down all the dirt roads at camp. No one ever sees it after I spend 6+ hours cleaning it
Jb Weld!!!

Old 09-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Coy -- what does the wife drive?

Why'd you get rid of that mid-80's truck you picked up awhile back -- did it need more work than you originally thought?

Old 09-07-2016, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by jgger
Get some of that spray stuff they have on T.V. You know, the stuff they make boats out of screen doors with!
I may just spray the doors shut, cut the roof and have myself a new boat. I do have a good old running Evinrude

Old 09-07-2016, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by ddellwo
Coy -- what does the wife drive?

Why'd you get rid of that mid-80's truck you picked up awhile back -- did it need more work than you originally thought?
I had no room to park it, especially with the SIL coming to live with us. Sold it, the Mark VIII and 2 atvs to buy dad his newest suv as a surprise.

Wife drives a 04 Taurus SES. She's had it a couple years now and it's been a good car. She only drive 8 miles a day and says it's good enough for that and beats payments

Right now we have the SIL 13 Focus, the 99 ML, EB, Taurus and the cavalier all crammed around the house. I'm sure the neighbors get a good laugh watching us move damn cars around all the time to be able to get out.

BTW I'm liking that little focus hatchback. You can see it in a few pics of the truck. 5 speed and it scoots along pretty well. Hell of alot better than that automatic focus I had as a rental a few months back

Last edited by KingRanchCoy; 09-07-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:43 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
BTW I'm liking that little focus hatchback. You can see it in a few pics of the truck. 5 speed and it scoots along pretty well. Hell of alot better than that automatic focus I had as a rental a few months back
I could actually see myself buying one of those -- sharp little cars, especially in the hatchback configuration! I'd get mine in white and throw on a set of blue Shelby stripes! I've also seen one done up in the old blue and orange Gulf Oil motif from the late 60's and it looked really cool!

Old 09-08-2016, 01:12 AM
Global Moderator &

So out of all those cars you park the oldest, most damaged vehicle in the garage?

Old 09-08-2016, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by Patman
So out of all those cars you park the oldest, most damaged vehicle in the garage?
Dad has alot of valuables and keep sakes in there. Just don't want to take the chance of some of these neighborhood kids seeing a mercedes and decide to break into it. Plus it's drove the least, therefore stick it in the garage and it's one less vehicle to move

Old 09-08-2016, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by ddellwo
I could actually see myself buying one of those -- sharp little cars, especially in the hatchback configuration! I'd get mine in white and throw on a set of blue Shelby stripes! I've also seen one done up in the old blue and orange Gulf Oil motif from the late 60's and it looked really cool!
I'd be interested in one also, it would make a great cheap reliable dialy driver! I moved it a couple days ago and noticed the gas gauge was below e with 0 miles DTE, she was low on cash until Friday so figured I'd go put a little gas in it to get er by. Put 10.00 in it and gave a tad over half a tank and 219 DTE

They are still a little to new around here to find individuals selling em, most are at the dealers. In another few years it'll be interesting what they sell for.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
I'd be interested in one also, it would make a great cheap reliable dialy driver! I moved it a couple days ago and noticed the gas gauge was below e with 0 miles DTE, she was low on cash until Friday so figured I'd go put a little gas in it to get er by. Put 10.00 in it and gave a tad over half a tank and 219 DTE

They are still a little to new around here to find individuals selling em, most are at the dealers. In another few years it'll be interesting what they sell for.
I've been looking for a little while now. I wanted to pick up an ST as a DD, but now have my sights set on a RS. The Edge is paid for and the truck will be paid off by the end of next year. Unless the Wife wants something new and shiny, I'll try to make a case for the RS.

Quick Reply: Let's start over......