Lightning

another boost actuator question (pic)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 03:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another boost actuator question (pic)

OK so as you can see in the pic below the vacum line on the top left of the boost actuator is pluged, I have no idea why or what this does or why it was pluged to begin with. I am the second owner of the L and the previous owner did this. Can anyone tell me what this would do or why it may have been done. Also the lever at the botom of the actuator does not move at all. It sits flush against the stop and does not move one bit whe I rev the motor. I am only showing 10 on average and 11 on a cool night lbs of boost on my Autometer gauge w/ my 6lber and I don't know why. Could this be the cause, I don't think the belt is slipping at all so I'm lost as to why the low boost. I really need some help on this one. What do I need to do? Where does that line connect to. Sorry for the long post...Thanks!

- Paul

Last edited by ND4SPD; 04-23-2004 at 03:11 AM.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:25 AM
not sure why anyone would plug it up

If your lever isn't moving then you do have a problem. I am not the guru here so hopefully others will post soon.

Old 04-23-2004, 11:16 AM
that is where the pink line goes. On my boost bypass i have thepink line plugged. As long as the lever stays ont he stop you should be getting full boost but it isnt bleeding during part throttle driving. THe only thing i can think of is that maybee the pink line is unpluged and leaking so thats why the boost guae isnt registering full boost check and see where you pink line is.

Old 04-23-2004, 01:14 PM
pink line is teed into the line coming of the s/c and the line that goes into the fire wall. Should I put the pink line on the boost actuator and just connect the other lines to each other.

Old 04-23-2004, 01:32 PM
Sounds like someone didn't do the bypass right or made their own. I would find out where that pink line is. Here is the proper bypass:

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/boost%20bypass.htm

Old 04-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. LatemodelRacer2, I reattached the pink line to the boost actuator and took it for a spin...14lbs baby, HELL YEAH!!!! fractaldragon, thanks for the site, I was looking at that exact site the other day trying to see why my boost bypass looked funny. I don't know what the owner before me or some else was thinking. It's not even bypassed...I need a rubber fitting to complete it. This is AWESOME, I'm finally seeing 14 on my gauge!!! And I get to go to the track today or Sunday for sure! Maybe I can hit an 8.1

Old 04-23-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by ND4SPD
Thanks for the tips guys. LatemodelRacer2, I reattached the pink line to the boost actuator and took it for a spin...14lbs baby, HELL YEAH!!!! fractaldragon, thanks for the site, I was looking at that exact site the other day trying to see why my boost bypass looked funny. I don't know what the owner before me or some else was thinking. It's not even bypassed...I need a rubber fitting to complete it. This is AWESOME, I'm finally seeing 14 on my gauge!!! And I get to go to the track today or Sunday for sure! Maybe I can hit an 8.1

Trending Topics

Old 04-23-2004, 06:01 PM
sorry if this is a stupid question With the engine off, the lever for the boost bypass should be on the stop, but when you turn on the engine it goes up is that how it works? as far as the open and close postion goes.

francis

Old 04-23-2004, 06:46 PM
OK, so back to the lever thing, is it suposed to sit flush when I rev the motor or at any other time because now it doesn't even touch the stop, is that bad or what? I'm just glad to be finally seeing 14!! I also seem to hear what sounds like a little bleed now when I'm drivig it. I can only hear it at low speeds becaue at higher all I hear is my exhaust.

Quick Reply: another boost actuator question (pic)