2010 F 150 sat radio add on tuner

Old 12-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2010 F 150 sat radio add on tuner

Where can you buy the add on satelite tuner for a factory radio ? My truck has the factory satelite radio without the add on tuner.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by zuman342
Where can you buy the add on satelite tuner for a factory radio ? My truck has the factory satelite radio without the add on tuner.
I bought the Isimple media gateway model # PGHFD1. You will also need the SCC1 tuner. I have a 2010 XLT with the Sirius button, but no sirius. I have not installed it yet, will try tomorrow. To be honest, I am looking on here to find if anyone has put together a slideshow on how to do it

Old 04-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by zuman342
I just changed the radio in my truck ,it has the sat button , is that what i need to get it to work a " satelite tuner" I have a subscription through Serius. Right now im using the Serius s50 sat radio mounted below my dash. Thanks

Old 05-01-2013, 11:33 PM
You can get any number of units from siriusxm's website.
I went with a multiple location radio similar to this:
http://shop.siriusxm.com/xm/ctl10600...th_vehicle_kit
Along with this adapter which plugs into the radio base and the box on the other end goes in-between your antenna plug and the radio (you only catch your tuner instead of radio stations and gives clear-er quality than just the built in FM modulator):
http://shop.siriusxm.com/xm/ctl10600..._reconditioned
I went with this setup because I use it in my personal truck sometimes, I use it in my work truck all the time (not able to install aftermarket stereo due to company policy), and when I'm at the camp where there's no cell signal and radio frequencies are weak, I can still listen to my favorite music, no matter where I am.

As far as going with a dedicated vehicle setup, which I have added to my personal truck to get rid of clutter, it's a little more complicated. It's all by specific radio. My new Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS required the SXV200V1 tuner (~$70) to run siriusxm. My old AVH-P6300BT would have required the GEX-P920XM (~$100) to run siriusxm. These run XM satelite radio (I had to switch from sirius to xm, and yes, there is a difference in the channel lineup.) Another example is my ancient AVH-P5000DVD required the CD-SB10 from pioneer, as well as a tuner from sirius. You have to find out what suits your needs, then follow the accessory trail from stereo manufacturer (pioneer, jvc, alpine, etc...) up to siriusxm.

Hope this helps

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 F 150 sat radio add on tuner