Hard reset of Factory Stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hard reset of Factory Stereo?

I recently purchased a used 2006 F-150 King Ranch, and I loooooooove this truck but I am having an issue with the Sirius radio. I purchased a subscription and attempted to activate the system with no luck, I called Sirius and they walked me thru the activation procedure with no positive results, whenever I press the "aux" button to go to satellite it just says "call Sirius" and provides an 800 number. The rep with Sirius said I needed to take my vehicle to a dealer and have them do a "Hard Reset" of the Stereo System. So far I have contacted 4 dealers and nobody has even heard of this, I was told by one technician there wasn't even anything in the technicians manual about it however he did print out the diagnostics procedure for me which I did try and no fault codes are present. Has anybody had this problem and is there anyway to "reset" the stereo?

Old 11-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Sirius

Did you ever fix this problem? I have the exact same situation
with my sirius. Someone told me to try disconnecting the negitave
battery cable for 15 minutes. Dont know if it will work but i am going
to try.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Depending on the type of unit (Starmate, Sporster etc) Hard reset means pressing MENU, then going to the SIRIUS ID and display it. Then pressing DISPLAY and then MEMO and then BAND. It might take 2-3 tries, but that resets the lock code and the entire unit. do a search on the internet lots of info

Old 11-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Both of these guys seem to be talking about sirius radio built into the factory headunit.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Im having somewhat of the same problem with my 2007 lariat. About a month ago my battery died an i replaced it but after replacing it i cant use my 6 CD'S on the radio. When i hit the cd button it comes up "no disk" but i can hear them changing slots. everything else works. Any ideas? this is a factory headunit thanks!!

Old 01-31-2022, 07:54 AM
2008 Ford F150 Same problem you had

Originally Posted by Tye miller
Im having somewhat of the same problem with my 2007 lariat. About a month ago my battery died an i replaced it but after replacing it i cant use my 6 CD'S on the radio. When i hit the cd button it comes up "no disk" but i can hear them changing slots. everything else works. Any ideas? this is a factory headunit thanks!!
Mine is doing this now. What did you do to fix the problem ?

Old 01-31-2022, 08:58 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
There is probably a stuck disc in the changer.

I would suggest taking it out and taking it apart and looking inside.

Quick Reply: Hard reset of Factory Stereo?