"Travel Link" Without Sirius Radio, I GOT IT!

Old 07-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Travel Link" Without Sirius Radio, I GOT IT!

I found and have been following this thread since Jan when I bought a 2010 Ford Flex. My 6 month trial just ran out and I was hoping to talk my way into the $77 deal. No go. That's OK tho cause what I REALLY want is the Travel Link. Sirius Radio I can do without, BUT, I thought I had to have the radio portion to have Travel Link. Long story, multiple phone calls and one week later, I DO indeed have Travel Link with no Sirius Radio. When it was first offered to me, I had serious doubts it could be done. It even states on their website that Sirius Radio is required for a TL subscription. I got 24 months for $44.86. That's $1.87 a month! Regular price, with a radio subscription, is $6 a month.
Monica

Old 07-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's great! I've been looking for the same offer, but they keep telling me "no".

Do you have a program or other number that I can give the sales person when I call?

Thanks for your help!

Old 07-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Yes I do I talked to a total of 7 people (wanting to verify what I'd been told) but the person that I feel was most helpful was Mike, a supervisor in customer service. Badge # 4383 Good luck! Please let me know if it works for you. The last call I made was to tech support. She wasn't 100% positive but put me on hold while she talked to "senior tech support". Their answer was "maybe...it depends on the individual car". Sometimes the signal takes and sometimes it doesn't". He said if it didn't work, to call ts and they'd resend the signal. If it didn't take a 2nd time, it wasn't going to. She couldn't explain WHY or HOW this worked or didn't work. I'm just thankful it DID work
Monica
Originally Posted by shotgunz
That's great! I've been looking for the same offer, but they keep telling me "no".

Do you have a program or other number that I can give the sales person when I call?

Thanks for your help!

Old 07-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Travel link query

Not meaning to hijack your thread, but saw your enthusiam for travel link and was wondering what the benefit is over a TomTom GPS?

I just bought a 2010 F150 XLT that came loaded with all the fancy programs that I did not ask for but was not sure if I wanted to mess with Travel Link since I had a TomTom. I'm old as dirt and show that by carrying an analog cell phone. Understand I will need to go to a bluetooth if I want to carry on conversations with my truck. I wonder if I will get in arguments with it?

Old 07-24-2010, 01:30 PM
I think you're confusing TDI (traffic, directions, and information) with Travel Link.

Travel Link provides weather, traffic, and other information via a Sirius receiver to 09-10 NAV systems.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:59 AM
Travel Link provides weather (current, 5-day and weather map from 5 miles out to nationwide). Lists fuel prices by distance, name or price. Traffic. Movie listings, times, ratings. Sports scores. Gives directions to gas stations and theaters, phone numbers...well here's the website:
http://www.sirius.com/travellink
Monica

Old 07-25-2010, 03:00 AM
shotgunz, did you call to see if you could get the same deal?

Old 07-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Yes, I did (thanks again for the help) and I got about 1/2 way through your ordeal (they all kept telling me no - only one person said 'I've heard of that') when I asked for Mike.

Well, Mike was on vacation (or so they told me) and I couldn't find anyone else that had a clue, so I decided to wait and try again.

According to their story, Mike should be back from vacation this week.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:30 AM
I'll check back later for your progress. Hope you're able to get the same deal. After all that, I decided I listened to Sirius radio more than I thought (g) and actually missed it! I had been offered the $77 deal but didn't take it because I wasn't interested at the time. That doesn't include music royalties and taxes. When I decided I wanted it back, I called and made a deal for $77 TOTAL. Rep made it look like I had a credit on my acct so that when he added the $77 payment, it looked like I'd paid the $77 plus royalties and tax. So, all in all, I got two years of Sync and one year of Sirius for a total of $122. I would have paid for two years of Sirius at that price but he couldn't do that.
Monica

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Travel Link" Without Sirius Radio, I GOT IT!