F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Satellite Radio (https://www.f150online.com/forums/satellite-radio-98/)
-   -   Sirius Everything Renewal for $77/year (https://www.f150online.com/forums/satellite-radio/390555-sirius-everything-renewal-77-year.html)

redfx4150 10-16-2009 10:13 AM

well i only pay 70 a year , my dad got a lifetime deal a fewyears ago for his potable radio so what i do is go under his acount and only pay half price or less if they have any deals

L Carlson 10-19-2009 11:10 PM

I paid 500 for the life time sub 3 years ago no problems at all so far! Lee:banana::thumbsup:

memLT-1 10-20-2009 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by memLT-1 (Post 3926626)
I am just about up for renewal so I sent them an e-mail saying I want this deal. We will see if they get back to me. I will post the results.

They sent me back an e-mail telling me to call customer service and they would work me over,err I mean work with me.

06xlt4x4 10-20-2009 01:57 PM

I got the $77 a year deal last year, I'm hoping I can get it again when I have to renew soon.

Iceman 21 11-02-2009 10:48 PM

I recently got the $77/ a yr deal. It did take 2 phone calls and some threatening to leave, but got it.:banana:

OgRedd 11-03-2009 06:28 AM

Renewed my year subscription about a month ago. Didn't opt for the extra online cost. Can't see paying to listen online when sites like Pandora and local stations let you listen for free. Sirius dropped the ball on that one. - Og

modea2006 11-04-2009 08:53 PM

I just called and asked about the $77 for a year and they told me that I couldn't get it without redeeming a code. Then the lady told me it wasn't open to the public and i couldn't get it and i was put on hold. She came back and still told me that it wasn't available to the public, but what she could do was let me have the $77 subscription for a year this one time only. I was rather confused but i did get the deal.

F150 Pilot 11-04-2009 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by modea2006 (Post 3951485)
I was rather confused but i did get the deal.

My free trial expired last week so I called and made my third attempt to get the $77 deal. No dice. She said sometimes they'll send out that promotion via mail but it was not available now. I told her others were getting it and she said I was mistaken. She offered everything else, $13.95 per mo, $39 for three months and $79 for six months, I said politely declined those offers and they let me go.

Bluerider 11-11-2009 08:03 PM

I have called twice for the $77 renewal and they will not give me that rate.

Does anyone have "the code"? I expire on Dec 13th and I will try again then or a few days after.

digitalamish 11-15-2009 09:56 AM

Wow, that was easy. I had three radios under my account, 2 of them coming up for expiration. I called in and told the first rep I didn't want to renew any of the subscriptions, and he immediately transferred me to another rep. I barely explained the situation, and she was already throwing out 1/2 price on #2 and #3, and when I explained I was defintely dropping those, she threw out the 50% the #1 radio. That radio wasn't due for renewal until May. So, based on the amount I still had credited on that radio, I paid like $9, and got another 6 months tacked onto my primary account.

So, unlike others, I didn't have any issues. They were quick on the draw to offer it to me, I didn't even have to ask. Maybe having my subscription up is magic trick.

mitch150 11-15-2009 05:43 PM

I have a lifetime sub on primary radio and 2 other subscriptions. When I signed up almost 5 years ago, all secondary subscriptions were to be charged 1/2 price of annual rate. Got my renewal notice for 2nd and 3rd subs and had to change my underwear when I saw the bill. They want to charge me $98 + $10.98 music royalty fees for each subscription. Since when is $109 1/2 of $148? Called them up and got some snot nosed foreigner (sorry if that sounds racist, cause I'm not) who didn't even want to deal with me. When I asked to speak to another rep, he told me I couldn't as it wouldn't do me any good, I had to pay what was on the bill. Well, I'll see what happens when I call the cancellation department when the subs are actually up next month. Not the way I would have expected a loyal customer with a lifetime and 2 secondary subscriptions to be treated.

digitalamish 11-15-2009 08:02 PM

Oh, I should also mention another trick I used. The credit card that was associated with my account was one of those temp cards that Citibank used to let you use. So when Sirius tried to 'autobill' my account, they couldn't. For the last two weeks I have gotten calls from them every day (sometimes 3x a day!) to update my address info (oh, by the way, let's confirm your credit card too). I ignored all the calls and only called today because I got an email they were going to suspend ALL my accounts.

greencrew 11-15-2009 10:42 PM

I called, and I'm not eligible for the $77 yearly rate. I gave it a shot, thanks for the tip.

greencrew 11-21-2009 11:48 AM

I was successful on the second try.

I said: "Hello, my subscription to Sirus has expired, and I would like to take advantage of the special offer on the flyer for $77 for a year."

They charged me $77 plus the $11 Royalty fee. There will be a $75 charge if I cancel within the first year, and I will be billed at normal rates after the end of the year.

F150 Pilot 11-21-2009 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by greencrew (Post 3970013)
I was successful on the second try.

I said: "Hello, my subscription to Sirus has expired, and I would like to take advantage of the special offer on the flyer for $77 for a year."

Greencrew, thanks for the tip and it worked like a charm! I just acted as if I had a flyer mailed to me, said the same thing as you and they went for it. Got the $77 deal plus $11, same as you... FINALLY after four attempts.

Good job!