OEM Sirius question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM Sirius question

Just purchased an 06 FX4. The radio has an aux. button for Sirius but prior owner did not order Sirius. Can I install in the factory radio as it would have come had it been ordered as an option? If so can I do it myself or do you recommend installer? Cost??

Old 04-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by drjay9051
Just purchased an 06 FX4. The radio has an aux. button for Sirius but prior owner did not order Sirius. Can I install in the factory radio as it would have come had it been ordered as an option? If so can I do it myself or do you recommend installer? Cost??
You can do it yourself. You'll need the Sirius receiver, antenna, and possibly the cable. All can be purchased on eBay. There are a lot of folks on here who have done it so I'd recommend doing a search. Good luck.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by drjay9051
Just a note... there can be a button labeled AUX and one labeled SIRIUS. These are two different buttons. Do you have an antenna on your roof? If so, you should already have a SIRIUS tuner installed and this is the only reason you should have a SIRUIS button. If this is the case, you can press the SIRUIS button and tune to channel 0 to get your radio ID. You then call Sirius to pay for the service.

If you just have a AUX button then it has nothing to do with Sat radio and you probably cannot simply connect a sat radio to it (you would need a PIE connector for this which is about $50). If you don't have a Sirius tuner already installed then I'd _HIGHLY_ recommend using an aftermarket setup/tuner. They are far better (they display more then one channel while your searching, they can record channels, you can save the names/artists of songs, etc).

Old 05-12-2008, 01:48 PM
I Have Sirius Sat Radio And It Tunes Through The Aux Button On Factory System. It Goes Sat1 Sat2 Sat3 And Line In. This Is An 08

Old 05-13-2008, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Supercrewman08
I Have Sirius Sat Radio And It Tunes Through The Aux Button On Factory System. It Goes Sat1 Sat2 Sat3 And Line In. This Is An 08
This was how my radio was set on my '06 FX4 before I upgraded my system.

Quick Reply: OEM Sirius question