Ford Motor Recalling About 235,000 SUVs, Pickups and Vans

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the reason for the recall is because the people who build the part for ford failed to properly grease the inside during assembly

Old 12-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Mac-Ford Tech
the reason for the recall is because the people who build the part for ford failed to properly grease the inside during assembly
the people that build the part for ford, ARE FORD.. the line this happend to i was on back when this occured and its right next to the line im on now.. this is a ford facility. and it wasnt greased at all..the problem was management not listening to its people on the line and taking the people that run that job off of it.

Old 12-05-2005, 05:54 PM
Go to an airplane parts house and ask for windsheild treatment. I got some and it had a Mil. Spec. on it and this stuff is 10X better than rain X. I don't even use the wipers except of course to rid the windshield of road mud.
It was in just a generic bottle and went on easy as pie.

Old 12-18-2005, 10:33 AM
Had the recall done, a couple of days ago.
It takes about 1 hour.

Old 01-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Rain-X
Clean the hell out of your windows (outside), mainly. Apply product to soft, clean cloth. Rub violently (try to rub it right into the glass), let haze a bit, furiously rub clean with a clean cloth.

Rain beads up and rolls off. Fine misting can be a problem. The faster you go, the less stays on your windshield. Don't use your wipers unless it's necessary.

Old 01-27-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by Josiah
What the hell is rain-x, anyone have any videos? I went to the site but no luck, if there are no videos available what rain-x product are you using (spray, wax, film, etc) and how does it work, can you take a picture sometime or explain how you no longer need wiper blades?

It's sweet!! The water beads up and blows/rolls off...

Quick Reply: Ford Motor Recalling About 235,000 SUVs, Pickups and Vans