These ads are killing me!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These ads are killing me!

Okay, okay, the ads are really driving me nuts BUT I realize they are a necesity of forums like this. I have to keep centering the page right to left because that big can of Restore is always there.

And I would like to offer a suggestion to the "head janitor" that there be an elective to "join" this forum and become a paid member for say $25 a year. If you do not want to become a member that has a "star" next to your name, well, then you can continue to look at ads.

I belong to a forum that has a 115,000 members. Almost 15,000 are active members and those people see absolutely no ads. Over 5 million posts. It works and it is feasible. If you are in doubt, PM me or email me and I will steer you to that forum.

Again, you do not have to join if you do not want to. If you do, there will be a star or something next to your name in your avatar showing everyone you do not have to look at ads! How cool is that?

Old 11-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by wfin2004
Okay, okay, the ads are really driving me nuts BUT I realize they are a necesity of forums like this. I have to keep centering the page right to left because that big can of Restore is always there.

And I would like to offer a suggestion to the "head janitor" that there be an elective to "join" this forum and become a paid member for say $25 a year. If you do not want to become a member that has a "star" next to your name, well, then you can continue to look at ads.

I belong to a forum that has a 115,000 members. Almost 15,000 are active members and those people see absolutely no ads. Over 5 million posts. It works and it is feasible. If you are in doubt, PM me or email me and I will steer you to that forum.

Again, you do not have to join if you do not want to. If you do, there will be a star or something next to your name in your avatar showing everyone you do not have to look at ads! How cool is that?
Shines making a friendly gesture...offering you a tissue...

Old 11-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Just sayin'. You like all the ads I guess. I will accept them, just offering suggestions.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by wfin2004
Just sayin'. You like all the ads I guess. I will accept them, just offering suggestions.
I like your truck

Just giving you a hard time...

I stumbled onto this site a few months ago, I dont even notice the ads. I guess cause its the only site that I have ever joined. The price was right. Free? I can swing that!

Old 11-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
I like your truck

Just giving you a hard time...

I stumbled onto this site a few months ago, I dont even notice the ads. I guess cause its the only site that I have ever joined. The price was right. Free? I can swing that!

Well Thanks Shines.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:36 PM
glc
Received 766 Likes on 708 Posts
The forum I admin has a Premiere Member option for 4 bucks a month or 30 bucks a year that kills all the ads.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:59 PM
That sure would be sweet... I'd pay...

Old 11-05-2007, 05:05 PM
What ads?

Signed,
Firefox and AdBlock Plus

Old 11-05-2007, 05:31 PM
F150online
Founder
Originally Posted by KSUWildcat
What ads?

Signed,
Firefox and AdBlock Plus
Gee, as much as I love posts that tell people how to remove the source of income that keeps this site free for its users, this solution will not help the original poster. My guess is that his browser resolution is set to 800x600 or lower and even with AdBlock (or a pay-for-use model for that matter), there would still be 160 pixels of blank space on the left side of the page.

I think it's been more than five years since most sites have adopted a standard resolution assumption of at least 1024x786 (which would not require any left/right scrolling), so the most appropriate solution would be for the original poster to increase his screen resolution, as I don't see how we can be the only site with ads that are "killing him."

Quick Reply: These ads are killing me!