KB scam

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KB scam

Anybody else evr get one of these?

Contact me directly at : xevious1001@gmail.com , if you want to buy from me this :Kenne Bell Supercharger, Ford Lightning 5.4 blower I am willing to sell you this for US $1800 negociable .This transaction will work only with eBay ! Contact me directly at : xevious1001@gmail.com

I am in U.K now , London
I sell this so cheap because i just moved there and i need more money
to arange my new house Please tell me how muck are you ready to pay
for this including shipping
This is new not used and will come with warranty It have 0 miles on it
Give me your ebay user id

Old 06-13-2005, 11:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you honestly think that anyone stupid enough to fall for this idiotic scam would be smart enough to heed your well intentioned warning? Is there anything about this email that might lead you to believe it's legitimate?

Just post your email address (along with your S.S. number and your bank name and account number) and I'll send you information on how to identify and avoid ALL scammers, GUARANTEED!

Old 06-13-2005, 01:00 PM
Thats basically what I thought when I got the email. I would assume that whoever it is that sent it to me is surfing ebay to find some sucker willing to part with his money.

I got the email more than likely after putting a bid in on a legitamate Kb that was for sale. Ebay even sent me a warning pertaining to this. I have heard of this person scamming people several times saying he (or she) was from the U.K. and needed to get rid of it for quick money

Old 06-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Suspended
Yep, he used to post a picture of it on an add and say the same thing....

Old 06-13-2005, 03:28 PM
no one can spell correctly

you know, at one point in time I would have said to just take a look at the spelling and you know it's a scam. HOWEVER, unfortunately the vast majority of folks I have ever dealt with on eBay use extremely poor grammar and communication. and i'm not just talking about punctuation here. i get excited when someone actually communicates with me in a manner that cannot be interpreted 50 different ways and they actually answer all my questions or don't misspell multiple 3rd grade level words! in this online world where credibility is so important can you not take a couple extra seconds and proofread your response to a buyer / seller or the item description? sorry for the rant

Old 06-13-2005, 03:50 PM
LOL!!! I have seen the same the same thing except it was for an Expedition Limited model with 7,000 miles for $11,000!! That included S&H LOL Where do these dumbs#its come from?

Old 06-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by sanders8179
LOL!!! I have seen the same the same thing except it was for an Expedition Limited model with 7,000 miles for $11,000!! That included S&H LOL Where do these dumbs#its come from?

Now that is funny!
I have seen "the same the same "

Old 06-14-2005, 08:58 AM
I receive emails with offers to good to be true, with bad grammar many times, as I buy quite often on ebay.
If you email that person back, he will ask you to wire them the money, and NOT to mention to the Western Union people that it's for an ebay purchase, or the deal will not go through.

One time, they even offered me FREE shipping on an ice hockey rink I was bidding on, across 7 states. Do you know how much that would cost to ship?
I knew then for sure it was a scam.

4point6

Quick Reply: KB scam