Notifications

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Notifications

I have notifications set to email me, and the site does not do so. What could be the problem, I have looked at the FAQ and it does not give me any more amplifing info than to turn on email notifications by default radio button which I have already done. Got any ideas

Old 07-28-2004, 12:39 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Please check your information within the USERCP to see if you have the correct email address listed.

Old 07-28-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
Please check your information within the USERCP to see if you have the correct email address listed.
It would appear that my correct email address is in my profile listed under usercp. craigm@ncleg.net. Also listed there are all the threads I have selected for notification and there have been reply's but none to me Any assistance would be appreciated...

Old 07-28-2004, 07:34 AM
F150online
Founder
Are emails sent from "f150online.com" being caught in a spam filter? That is the most likely culprit.

If you have checked the setting below and are expecting that you receive notification from every thread you participate in that may be the problem. We have overridden this setting (I think) at the thread level, so you have to check the "Email Notification" box for each thread. People we so unexpectedly inundated by email when we first switched over to this forum software that we had to this. Someone with more knowledge of this forum software may be able to correct me on this...

Use 'Email Notification' by default?
Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in. yes no

Old 07-28-2004, 07:43 AM
I don't know anything about this software, but I do know that another forum I belong to has similar software and it allows you to subscribe to headings of threads just like you have thread headings for King Ranch, the other websites I belong to have headings like Honda, (it is an ATV web site www.ATVNC.com) and I have no problems getting notifications from them on each thread. It notifys me of the first new message in the thread. I also get notified on FTE web site but that notification is for the thread heading and in the body of the notification it shows each thread that was updated and all new threads. I hope this is just a temporary setback...
Thanks, anything I can do let me know...
Craig McCrodden