Pre-1997 Models

nice site nice trucks ..... ( beastie )

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile nice site nice trucks ..... ( beastie )

HI guys , I have been lookin thru the site mainly the pre 97 stuff and you guys are well put together , and you've got great trucks ..... I really like the older Ford trucks pre 97 , although I am from the Chevy camp , and I know some of you really hate Chevys .

Beastie , I really like your truck , for one reason you have kept a mostly stock apperance which I like very much , I particularly (sp) like the extcab swb 2wd platform , and the color combo ... VERY sharp , and I see you live in New Orleans , I am just a hop and skip over In Mobile , Alabama .... Not too far , do you run you truck at the track ? and if you do what do you run ?

Like I said I have a Chevy , its a 1991 C1500 extcab Swb , 2wd , silverado , 350 , Auto , 3.08 rear , Crimson red on top and bottom sandstone in the middle , With garnet red Interior , stock aluminum rims , 255/70 15 Uniroyal Tigerpaw GTSs , a few mods. Opened up air Intake , 4inch tube , K&N filter , Accel ignition stuff .. Coil..ect , free flow converter , stock muffler ( works fine with this motor ) dual exaust , and a Hypertec chip .

Keep up the good work Beastie !

Old 10-15-2002, 12:33 AM
mattmcdill, thanks for all the compliments. The truck looks pretty much stock on the outside because I simply want to spend all my money on performance stuff. I dont want to be one of those all show no go. I want to be "stock" show alot of go. It is really a big sleeper, alot of people pull up thinking I am just one of those old Fords that is used as the daily work truck, that is until they see my tailights LOL I have to give credit to my dad, he had the truck before me and really kept it in excellent condition. I have not come across many 7 year old trucks that have the factory paint job that still looks as good as mine.
I have not gone to the track yet, but I am guessing that I run mid to high 16s. My goal is to go 15.5 N/A, then put a blower on. I am going to go with a Derale dual electric fan setup, and ASP underdrive pulleys, and TransGo shift kit fairly soon. After that, Long tube headers, Hiflow cats, true dual exhaust. Upgraded fuel system Throttle body, Mass Air meter (L 90mm),... the list will go on as long as the truck will run LOL

Old 10-15-2002, 02:20 AM
I guess Chevy owners aren't as bad as there trucks j/k

Hehe sorry but I just had to through a crack at the chevy guy...but he's right, beastie has a beautiful truck

Old 10-15-2002, 06:17 AM
I was going to say something this morning, but didn't have time. I went through all of your pics in your album, and you really have done a lot of work to your truck, and it does look good. I'll put my factory paint job up against yours, though, and I only wash it twice a year! This So Cal weather and climate just loves to be nice to body and paint jobs, though.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Take care,
~Chris

P.S. I'm sure it's just an age-group thing, but PLEASE don't put the rims on it that you had photoshopped in those pics!!! In my little world, doing that would turn an otherwise beautiful truck into something I wouldn't ride in.

Then again, it's not mine, is it. LOL.

nevermind me.

Old 10-15-2002, 09:38 AM
P.S. I'm sure it's just an age-group thing, but PLEASE don't put the rims on it that you had photoshopped in those pics!!! In my little world, doing that would turn an otherwise beautiful truck into something I wouldn't ride in.
I was goin to, then I realized I really didnt like how they looked. It also made me think, for the $1000, I could do alot of performance stuff to my truck.

My truck is really loooking great right now, Me and Intel486, polished it using his Makita high speed rotary buffer and Pro Wax's Creamy Cutter, then used his DeWaltOrbital in conjunction with Pro's swirl eliminator, and The truck looks damn good. But when I look at your truck PKRWUD, it still looks great, it must be a thing with white trucks, they dont show there age LOL

Last edited by beastie; 10-15-2002 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-15-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by beastie
... it must be a thing with white trucks, they dont show there age LOL
the opposite is true with black trucks. man, nomatter how hard i try to keep it clean, my black paint shows even the smallest speck of dirt, and not to mention it does not hide imperfections too good. but it sure does look good right after i wash it (even though it only stays clean for about 10 minutes ).

Old 10-15-2002, 11:09 AM
You are right Donate, when I take out my 442, the second I get home it is filthy, but black sure does look nice!!

Quick Reply: nice site nice trucks ..... ( beastie )