Pre-1997 Models

clutch

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clutch

im going to need a clutch soon its starting to let up more and more at the top and i havent put a clutch in ,in about 85,000 miles i wanted to go to the heavy duty clutch for off roadind and just basic reliability(spell?) would i have to go with a heavy duty slave cylinder?or it will it do any damage to the transmission since it will be applying much stronger it wont be for another month or so just got to keep it on the street

Old 07-28-2002, 07:01 PM
An oem replacement slave would be fine depending on the clutch. I just put a Centerforce II clutch in my Dakota Sport. The pedal pressure and spring pressure is the same but the clutch will hold over 400HP. Supposedly the centerforces are great for offroading and towing as well. I paid $235 for the pressure plate, disc, and throwout bearing.

BTW. I reused the old slave, since it's on the outside of the tranny and would only take 5 minutes to change. On most Fords the slaves are inside so you better replace it while the tranny is out.

-Jon

Old 07-29-2002, 09:54 PM
no mine is on the out side also you kinda answered my question im going to try the hd clutch and if i need to replace it i will thanks for your help
b.t.w.where did you get your clutch?

Old 07-30-2002, 10:24 PM
Truckperformance.com I probably order a few grand worth of stuff there each year. There one of those places that doesn't really stock anything, the parts get shipped to you from the manufacturer after you order, but i've never had a problem and they have great prices.

-Jon

Quick Reply: clutch