Pre-1997 Models

94 F150 airbag code 51

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 F150 airbag code 51

Hello all. New to me 94. Had a 32 airbag code and no horn. Replaced Clockspring and horn is alive but now have a 51 code, blown fuse. During the Clockspring changeout I temporarily reconnected battery power to test horn, I did not have airbag connected at that time. Could this unconnected airbag, with battery connected, cause the fuse to blow? Thanks for any insights. Ive read some of the procedures for airbag module replacement or fuse replacement. Trying to verify what caused fuse to blow.

Old 01-18-2020, 08:56 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 96 f150XL. I forget which fuse would blow, but it would kill the speedometer too. Turned out to be a bad component in the airbag control module causing a short that blew fuse. I would advise you to remove the wiring cable connector from the ACM, It is a blue plasric box covered in black foam insulation, which is under the dash just left of the radio
and replace fuse and see if it blows. If it doesn't post back here and I will try to find the post that eventually fixed mine.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:31 PM
FYI here is some PDF pics of 97-98 Lincoln Mark VII opened up ADM that is the same part number as yours. Toward the bottom you will see the evidence of an overheated/blown thermal fuse. Mine was not the fuse, but instead the MOV (metallic oxide varistor,) the round blue disk near the thermal fuse. when I replaced the varistor the problem was solved. may or may not be what your problem is.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:42 PM
This is a post from me back on 1-19-2017----------- "This will be the last post to this thread by me, I hope. Perseverance pays off! After many long hours of searching, and looking and trying, I finally found the answer. I removed the heat fuse, and afterward I checked the continuity with multi-meter, and the fuse was still good. I plugged the circuit board of the ADM back in and turned on the key, I watched and saw a component on the board glow red and the 10 amp fuse blew. The component was a MOV (metal oxide varistor). I found this link while searching for 97 and 98 Lincoln Mark VII ADM, which is purported to be the same part as the 95-96 F150. http://www.lincolnsonline.com/forum/...ad.php?t=81295 the rest should be self explanatory. My system is back up, the stars have re-aligned, and my wife loves me again. adios to this post, and I hope someone else finds this helpful." *** This is an edit on 1-18-2020, the link is no longer valid, but info is available on http://www.markviii.org/~glitch/SRS%...0code%2051.pdf..........

Old 01-18-2020, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks!

Quick Reply: 94 F150 airbag code 51