Pre-1997 Models

Fuel issues 96 f150 4.9l

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 03:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel issues 96 f150 4.9l

Hello guys. I just bought this truck for a drop in a hat and Im trying to get it running. When I first got the truck it would start some of the time and other times it acted like it almost starving for fuel ( had a real rough idle and would stall sometimes. I pulled the bed off and checked out the tanks. Front tank was ****, had some holes in it, the wiring harness that goes into it was torn loose allowing rain to enter and the tank was completely rusted over inside along with the pump and sending unit. I pulled the rear pumo out and cleaned the tank out and replaced the pump and fuel filter and pit fresh gas in it amd the truck fired right up. Drove it down to the store and made it half way home and it died amd wouldnt start. Since then i have replaced the FPR, and idle air control valve. My fuel pressure is reading about 36 with KOEO. I know thats low but i am stumped as to what it could be. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing i did notice was that after i put the fpr on and hooked up pressure gauge was that i had gas i the front tank i have nevwr put any gas in the front tank due to it being rusted up and full of holes.