Pre-1997 Models

new motor

Old 11-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new motor

Hi all,

I am a new member with a 1993 with a 351 engine that is still running but tired and leaking fluids. I have a well outfitted garage and some mechanical experience and am interested in re-powering the truck with an OEM type engine so to avoid any CA smog issues. Any suggestions on an economical source for one of those new or rebuilt? I realize there will be shipping charges, I am looking for a company that you have had a good experience with. I prefer a straight swap versus rebuilding if affordable.

Thanks.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:12 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If you are Socal, I would pull the engine, disassemble and take it to Kelly's block welding service (Washington Blvd, Culver City).....great machine shop, been around since the 40's, present owner worked for Kelly & his son Dennis for about 10 years.

Old 11-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by beechkid
If you are Socal, I would pull the engine, disassemble and take it to Kelly's block welding service (Washington Blvd, Culver City).....great machine shop, been around since the 40's, present owner worked for Kelly & his son Dennis for about 10 years.

I am in central CA but thanks.

Search this Thread