Pre-1997 Models

1995 F150 4x4 xlt.......SURGING ..ROUGH IDLE

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 F150 4x4 xlt.......SURGING ..ROUGH IDLE

Thank you and adance for your help end suggestions.

1995 f150 4x4 5.0 e40d

I'm having a problem with my truck surging while stopped at a red light. The surge and voltage drop usually happens after 30 seconds...every time !!
I have owned the truck for 2years and it has been pretty reliable. I put a new alternator, water pump, starter and VSS on it so far as well as a new right bank 1 sensor.

I use this truck daily for my pool/spa servicing business 4days per week for an avg of 200 miles route driven..The surge and v voltage drops makes it seem it's going to stall.I have on stalled 3 times so far in the past 2months.. This behavior started about 6 months ago and was at that time a very small surge and voltage drop.

I put it on the KoEo test and came with the following codes

172 HEGO HO2S sensor fault lean
181 HEGO HO2S sensor fault unable to switch/lean during partial throttle
327 EGR valve position below voltage minimum
452 VSS

ANY suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Last edited by StrOOdleS; 09-01-2016 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 09-01-2016, 09:12 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
I would guess you need to clean/replace the egr and replace the egr position sensor. And I suspect you may have a vacuum leak. I'd start with the egr. That may fix it. I'm just wagging here!

Old 09-02-2016, 12:07 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to clean out the IAC.

Clear the codes and see which come back - the ones you posted are O2 and VSS faults, you say you replaced them. How many O2's does that engine have? The old EEC codes don't specify which bank/sensor.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the advice..

I will try cleaning out the IAC..I did clean my MAF sensor and am definitely experiencing more power..

Old 10-30-2016, 01:00 PM
Exclamation Help truck won't start

Hello I am new here I just bought my second 95f150 after my second one was wrecked by some lady with no insurance.
The problem is that I got the truck dirt cheap since it had been sitting in someone back yard for 4 years and we can not get it to start. We have checked battery, starter,starter solenoid, alternatort, distributor, coil has spark but still no luck. I noticed that the fuel pump stays on when I put the key in the ignition and does not shut off like my other truck did. I also checked all my fuses and im not able to pull codes from it. Any help would be great I don't know what else to check
By the way it has a 4.9l straight 6 with a 5 speed

Old 10-31-2016, 12:38 PM
Started having a similar issue about 2 weeks ago. After going through everything in the truck and coming up empty handed I went and bought a bottle of ISO-HEET water remover. Added it to the tank that was about a quarter full and ran the down to nothing. I also added a bottle to the front tank. The longer I drove the better it ran. That was Saturday. Drove around all day Sunday and this morning and the truck is running perfect. So, looks like I got screwed by bad gas...had water in it...good luck!

On a side not....I too have the dreaded 327 error code that won't go away. Have already replaced the EGR, sensor, and solenoid...

Old 03-15-2017, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Ernesto Molina
Hello I am new here I just bought my second 95f150 after my second one was wrecked by some lady with no insurance.
The problem is that I got the truck dirt cheap since it had been sitting in someone back yard for 4 years and we can not get it to start. We have checked battery, starter,starter solenoid, alternatort, distributor, coil has spark but still no luck. I noticed that the fuel pump stays on when I put the key in the ignition and does not shut off like my other truck did. I also checked all my fuses and im not able to pull codes from it. Any help would be great I don't know what else to check
By the way it has a 4.9l straight 6 with a 5 speed
How much did that computer cost you?

Quick Reply: 1995 F150 4x4 xlt.......SURGING ..ROUGH IDLE