Pre-1997 Models

1989 f150 classic 4x4...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 02:48 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
1978 f150 4x4...

hello, Haven't posted in a long time because I became stupid last year and sold my beautiful '95 f150 and have regretted it every single day. not sure what kind of help i'm asking for here other than perhaps what a good price for the truck might be without seeing but im going back to take a pic of the truck on Monday.

I was looking to trade my car in for a mid 90s truck but they didn't any and i'll still look around but financially, i'm not well off but I liked the truck because I've driven them all my life and i'll be 60 next yr.

Body in good enough shape with no major damage and some rust. Has 2 tanks but I didn't check which engine was in it. It starts up great and has a new muffler system. the pipes are new and the catalatic converter looks new as well. Engine looked clean and when I go back i'm gonna get underneath and look around.

it will need some door stripping as both doors rattle and the 4x4 shifter on the floor is not fastened. when I went to test it the darn thing was loose and the salesman just picked it up and said wow!

89k which i'm not so sure if someone messed with the odometer. I checked nada and the average retail is 4100. the salesman was new there and said he thought the truck is selling for 2900. Is this model considered a classic?

I would be trading in my '96 mercury Lincoln marqee 4 door. I like the truck and me and my dog need another one. I'm not looking at this as a project as this would be my daily driver. My situation prevents me from having nice newer trucks again, unless I run into a miracle. Has good tread & it starts right up well. I'll ask them to fix the 4x4 shifter on the floor and if they don't then i won't buy it and to install a new rear view mirror as those are safety issues. Thanks.

Last edited by grizzeyes; 07-25-2016 at 03:55 AM.

Quick Reply: 1989 f150 classic 4x4...